New monitor

Stole the 32" TV and stuck it on the computer. Great picture but probably too big. So I have decided to up my 19" monitor to either 24" or 27". I do not want to convert a TV as I do other things, occasionally, than race. Any advice as to the best size etc. ?

I don't think there is a too big, other than the quality of the image displayed.
The best size is a combination of what you can afford and what you can be satisfied with, unless you are going triple screens then there are other limits. I used to run triples but I now run a single 34" Ultra-wide with a resolution of 3440x1440 (24" from my driving position) - not the peripheral vision of triples but next best thing. Virtual racing really benefits from a wide to very wide "ratio".
Large TV's don't work too well as most are limited to a resolution of 1920x1080 - resolution deficiency very noticeable if sitting close.

Stole the 32" TV and stuck it on the computer. Great picture but probably too big. So I have decided to up my 19" monitor to either 24" or 27". I do not want to convert a TV as I do other things, occasionally, than race. Any advice as to the best size etc. ?
I had a 50" tv on my pc once, it was great. You can never get too big:D.
Unless you plan to go triple then I would suggest the bigger size and of course the January sales will be coming soon. So make sure you check Scan, YoYo Tech, Overclockers, eBuyers and all the other pc sites for bargains.

Okay got a 27" monitor that i could afford tonight. It is an acer S271HL. Got it from Gumtree for £100. Believe it or not genuine little old lady who bought it for her old computer. Used it once did not like it and went and bought a laptop instead. :DChecked it over and it was mint so tried it out on race room, excuse me while I mop up the dribble, and I am delighted. :inlove:

Update - So thats the lines I am supposed to stay in!:rolleyes:

Okay got a 27" monitor that i could afford tonight. It is an acer S271HL. Got it from Gumtree for £100. Believe it or not genuine little old lady who bought it for her old computer. Used it once did not like it and went and bought a laptop instead. :DChecked it over and it was mint so tried it out on race room, excuse me while I mop up the dribble, and I am delighted. :inlove:

Update - So thats the lines I am supposed to stay in!:rolleyes:
Always great to get an early crimbo pressie. Check out the RD server for some online action. I will tag tomorrow morning before grandson hogs my pc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%