New member and new simracing rig

Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum and in the big world of simracing general.
I'm currently using a t80 Thrustmaster :D pretty basic.
i want to upgrade my setup with Fanatec gear, ClubSport v2.5 base with p1 wheel and csl elite pedals, apex omega as stand.
looking to youtubers I see many of them using Thrustmaster wheel, ts-xw o ts-pc mostly, instead of Fanatec.
Is that configuration better? Is there some better configuration to spend my budget for?

Thanks

Tbh, I dont think youll ever see anyone say Thrustmaster is better than Fanatec.

Ive had stuff from both companies and Fanatec is better (much better).

I think the CSW 2.5 is the best you can get before getting into DD. Can someone else confirm this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tbh, I dont think youll ever see anyone say Thrustmaster is better than Fanatec.

Ive had stuff from both companies and Fanatec is better (much better).

I think the CSW 2.5 is the best you can get before getting into DD. Can someone else confirm this?
It is. Fanatec is much better hardware wise and had their reliability record and customer service been better, it would have been an easy recommend. But it isnt.

Thrustmaster make fine wheels, but they're far too expensive for what you get. Fanatec is better quality without a doubt when it comes to materials, but the risk of getting a dud is far higher than with Thrustmaster.
The outsider is Logitech. Yes they're plasticky compared to the others, but its bulletproof and the pedals are far better than Thrustmaster. And its cheaper. I've tried them all and my old, trusty G27 still sets the fastest laptimes. Immersive? No. Fast? Yes.

Upvote 0
I agree with Michael 100%.

I also have owned both Fanatec and Thrustmaster gear. I regret buying the later when I moved from Xbox 360 to Xbox One--I should have saved my money for a ClubSport V2.5 wheel (I can't remember if the CSL wheel was available at the time) The T3PA Pro pedals were a downgrade from my ClubSport V.2 pedals and even the Ferrari 599XX Evo Alcantara add-on wheel could hide the toylike nature of the Ferrari TX wheelbase.

Upvote 0
Tbh, if a Clubsport V2.5 + wheel rim is on your shopping list, you may aswell go for an Accuforce V2 or a Simagic M10. They're not that much more expensive.

I think the problem with dd wheel will be the stand. Indeed, they're not too much more expensive.. and this made me think that maybe i have to low my budget. i don't want to spend about 1000 for clubsport (csw, rim , pedals and stand) knowing that at that price tag i would buy an dd wheel. I think is better for me starting from a lower level and consolidate with time my cockpit.

After this considerations my choice is between ts-xw sparco or csl elite.
They are at the same price tag.. and will not need a stand.

Upvote 0
You wont go wrong with either of those choices. Th ts-xw is the top of the line Thrustmaster, a good wheel, but far too expensive in my book. Yes it has Sparco stuff and branding, but still. The CSL Elite also looks like a good choice, but if the thing breaks, its a f..... pain in the a$$ to RMA it.

Personally, if on a strict budget, I'd go for the cockpit instead. As said, I'm on an old G27 but thats because I spent my money on hardware horsepower and the rig. The PC is most important obviously, but the cockpit is right behind. It makes a world of difference going from, say, a desktop to a bespoke, custom rig. It dosent have to be big and expensive, mines made out of cheap 2x4, its ugly, but works perfectly. I sit comfortably in it for hours on end because I tailored it exactly to my own needs. And you get the satisfaction of building it yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have never used the Thursdmaster ts-xw but I have had a Fanatec CSL elite for a couple years. I think it is a good wheel and the abilities to tune it to your liking is a wining feature if you ask me. The feedback is much better then the old Logitec wheel I had before and I feel like you get a lot for your money in the CSL elite line of Fanatec. I did have an issue with both my base and shifter that I had to sort out with Fanatec. The shifter had a cable inside that was not all the way seated and I had some trouble updating the firmware for the base. It all worked out in the end and has been problem free since then, but something worth noting.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back