New McLaren MP4-30 to receive iRacing treatment

MP4-30.png
McLaren Racing and iRacing.com have both announced that McLaren’s latest F1 competitor, the MP4-30, will be making its way to the sim by late summer this year.

Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer of iRacing.com, said that “This is great news for iRacing and the more than 60,000 iRacers around the world” and that the deal “strengthens our relationship with McLaren Racing which already includes the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and McLaren Electronics’ Atlas Express data acquisition system.”

Meanwhile, McLaren’s Chief Operating Officer Jonathon Neale said “McLaren Racing is pleased to be working with iRacing in developing a digital version of the McLaren MP4-30”

With the addition of the 2015 McLaren, iRacing now boasts four Formula One spec cars as the MP4-30 joins Williams’ 2009 FW31 and Lotus’ Lotus 49 &79 cars on the roster.

Are you excited to drive McLaren’s latest car on one of the best sims out there? Would this convince you to give iRacing a go? Comment below!

Sounds exciting for sure, but I'm not entirely convinced the model will be that accurate. There is no way top tier f1 team is giving out their aero, suspension and performance data to anybody. I just don't see laser scanning happening here. Hell, these gyus go over to ridiculous extents to cover their bits up in preseason tests.

Sounds exciting for sure, but I'm not entirely convinced the model will be that accurate. There is no way top tier f1 team is giving out their aero, suspension and performance data to anybody. I just don't see laser scanning happening here. Hell, these gyus go over to ridiculous extents to cover their bits up in preseason tests.

I think you underestimate how fast the development in F1 is. When iR release the car it will already be old outdated data in the F1 world. Furthermore iR is very simple and basic simulation compared to the F1 simulators. The data a rival team could gain from looking at the iracing mclaren would be useless.

I think you underestimate how fast the development in F1 is. When iR release the car it will already be old outdated data in the F1 world. Furthermore iR is very simple and basic simulation compared to the F1 simulators. The data a rival team could gain from looking at the iracing mclaren would be useless.
MAybe not the actual downforce values and so, but being a laserscanned car means that every detail is going to be recreated in the exact same proportions. So I think they won't be laserscanned at all...

MAybe not the actual downforce values and so, but being a laserscanned car means that every detail is going to be recreated in the exact same proportions. So I think they won't be laserscanned at all...
they already have the CAD data and i will quote the whole message :)

Steve Myers said:
Stephen Garemogg said:
I am very curious as to see how this can happen, to not only be allowed to have data to a current F1 car but to be able to obtain it and create a reproduction of it while the season is on going is beyond belief. I am actually starting to wonder if this is a case of the marketing guys have said gives us the money and you can come scan our car and when it actually comes to scanning it the engineering guys are like no way like with honda and the touring cars that are signed.

We already have the CAD data and are working on the car. Dave and I flew to visit with them to discuss this exact topic and we would not have signed the deal if we did not come to an understanding on what data we needed to build the car.

Pictures you have seen of the car also do it no justice. The front wing alone is a piece of art. It must have 20+ different elements....

Steve

Everyone is really impressed because of this agreement... they also stated that will be out il late summer (I think the Season 3 build that should be mid september)

Ciao!
Ignazio

I could well get Iracing because of this. Big fan of F1 and Mclaren inparticular. Still depends if other sims respond and what their offerings are.
good thinking rob, however, you will take some time to reach iRacings A-level tier on which the McLaren will probably run exclusively. Some say you can advance from rookie to A-level in a couple of days, I would say that couple of weeks is more realistic if you have a real life worth its name. Also, to get to A-level it will be advisable to buy at least some intermediate content to get used to how higher speed, fatser weight transfer etc. are represented in iRacing rather than collecting all necessary points with the content which comes with your first subscription. There is usually a decent offer (sale) at the beginning of summer, try catching that one, it will save you quite some money.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%