New MB and CPU, new noises...

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me.
Got a new B450 Gaming carbon pro AC with a 3600x and HyperX DDR4 3200Mhz kit.
All was working fine and there was a new BIOS from MSI recently.
All my drivers are up to date and running most recent Windows 10.

I started getting 1 long beep and 2 short beeps when I first start up the system.
Windows doesn't load.
I switch off, switch back on and it takes a while but then loads up fine.
If I restart the system it works without issue. It's only from a 'cold start' that I get this issue.
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this kind of issue and can impart some quick steps to check and resolve?
Cheers.

@ZeroRisk

Do you have anything showing up with the debug LEDs on the board when it's slow booting or beeping?

I used to have a similar issue with my Intel board either taking ages to boot or not posting at all and that turned out to be that the board didn't like the large number of usb devices I had plugged in. Once I took that load away it would boot fast and reliably.

@ZeroRisk

Do you have anything showing up with the debug LEDs on the board when it's slow booting or beeping?

I used to have a similar issue with my Intel board either taking ages to boot or not posting at all and that turned out to be that the board didn't like the large number of usb devices I had plugged in. Once I took that load away it would boot fast and reliably.
I think it's the VGA led, which is odd as never had an issue with the card before.
I only have the bare minimum USB devices plugged in.
Could it also be something to do with front panel usb plugged into the board causing similar issues?

That's interesting. It doesn't seem to be anything usb related then and I wouldn't think the front panel usb would be related to your problem.

Could be worth reseating the GPU in its pcie slot just to make sure it's clicking in nicely and the locking tab is closing. While your there, unplug the GPU power cables and make sure they are clicking into the GPU fully.

Will have a go of all the advice above, thanks guys.
I received my AM4 bracket yesterday so the H100i v2 will be going back in the case asap. It's been ok temp wise but I want to see if I can get a nice all core boost and, with a room temp of 30° C I need the power of water cooling.

MB is probably setup wrong, first boot is with "wrong overclocked setup", on second boot the MB checks, it was failing before and starts with default values

get someone to setup your bios properly
Not sure how you would know that without looking at the bios settings? But bios is setup with optimised defaults at present as not started tweaking yet...

Hope you get this sorted. If I recall you has a 3770k prior. Be inetrested to know what preformance increases you see with the 3600x as I have the 3770k myself at the moment.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%