New Logitech G29

Due to a Black Friday deal, I managed to replace my old steering wheel with a "new" Logitech G29. Now I can enjoy the wonders of FFB. Or so I thought...
Basically, when I'm on desktop I can hardly rotate the wheel. It forces itself back to center (with default G Hub settings). While in a game like Assetto Corsa, I have almost no control over the wheel with FFB. I know I need to mess with FFB settings and all, but still... it's like the car goes all crazy.
I noticed in G Hub settings that there's a "Centering Spring Strenght" that I can change but it only makes it better if set at "0". It's like if the steering wheel is constantly using FFB, even when I'm not gaming.

Does anyone have a couple hints of what I may be doing wrong over here? When I connect it, it does the self testing normally.

Edit:
I don't know what's wrong but any game that uses FFB seems to mess up the wheel. Tried WRC 8 and could barely rotate it. Then after a while the wheel is stuck and doesn't want to let go (like 100% FFB all the time, even on desktop...).

It almost makes me want to give up on FFB...

Due to a Black Friday deal, I managed to replace my old steering wheel with a "new" Logitech G29. Now I can enjoy the wonders of FFB. Or so I thought...
Basically, when I'm on desktop I can hardly rotate the wheel. It forces itself back to center (with default G Hub settings). While in a game like Assetto Corsa, I have almost no control over the wheel with FFB. I know I need to mess with FFB settings and all, but still... it's like the car goes all crazy.
I noticed in G Hub settings that there's a "Centering Spring Strenght" that I can change but it only makes it better if set at "0". It's like if the steering wheel is constantly using FFB, even when I'm not gaming.

Does anyone have a couple hints of what I may be doing wrong over here? When I connect it, it does the self testing normally.
what was your old wheel? Are there maybe leftover drivers causing conflicts?

Believe it or not, my old wheel was a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel (no FFB) from 2001 :cool: ...
I finally understood that the G29, by default, is stuck in a "FFB always ON" position on the desktop. However, in the few games I tested, I always have to fight the wheel trying to get stuck in the center. I have to pretty much turn off any FFB in games.
Because I'm working from home, I had to postpone this issue and will try some more games later.

I had that same Sidewinder as my first, lived a longer life as innards of my H-Shifter

Could you post a screenshot of that G Hub thing with its settings? I had a DFP and later a DFGT which used the Wingman profiler, maybe theres something of G Hub applying presets to games or something

G Hub doesn't have many settings to change. I use the default profile for everything except if I have to limit wheel degrees of rotation or combined/separate pedals. I did that for CMR2005, limiting it to 240 degrees to better turn (like with the old wheel).
To remove the forced centering by the wheel, I have to enable "Centering spring in non Force Feeback games" and set its strenght to 0. This issue is fixed.
The problem is the FFB seems to be very weird. Unless it's the way it's supposed to be and I'm not using it right.
Thanks for your help. When I have the time, I'll mess with the wheel a bit more and I'll report back.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%