New Live for Speed Update Previews: Autocross

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Live for Speed Autocross Update 3.jpg

Live for Speed continues to live on! Check out the latest graphical update images from the Autocross portion of the game.

Not content with standing still, the dedicated Live for Speed Development Team have released some further previews from the currently work in progress graphical update under development for the now practically classic LFS racing simulation.

With improvements to the lighting and shadow system within the title having been thoroughly overhauled as part of the WIP build, the developers expect future versions of Live for Speed will benefit from "more varied and realistic surface properties", giving an impressive update to the visuals of the title when one considers the first version of LFS released initially back in 2003, some 15 years ago!

No release date for the proposed update has been shared at present, although with such a small team and the scope and scale of the changes underway, it could be quite a while yet until the full benefits of the update can be experienced by the diehard LFS player base.

While we wait, let's take a look at those screenshots shall we?

Live for Speed Autocross Update 4.jpg
Live for Speed Autocross Update 5.jpg
Live for Speed Autocross Update 1.jpg
Live for Speed Autocross Update 2.jpg

Live for Speed is available exclusively to PC.

Check out the Live for Speed sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest Live for Speed news and discussions.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Attachments

• Live for Speed Autocross Update 6.jpg
    Live for Speed Autocross Update 6.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Unfortunately, I find it difficult to take this sim seriously anymore, especially considering that the only real car they promised to offer went out of production before they managed to release it, and the only real track was Rockingham :O_o:

Hardly what I would call relevant :whistling:

Despite the stick this title always gets,
thinking back over the years and looking at those screens above, I still feel they offer some of the best lighting I have seen so photo realistic the lighting and textures really natural looking,
but yeah make it moddable and throw it on steam!
looking at this is almost dajavu in my mind, I have lived 1000,s of days in my life with days like this, makes me feel like I am almost stood there.
live-for-speed-autocross-update-2-jpg.281907

I dont know how these guys dropped the ball. They were the chosen ones 2003-2008

edit: i mean, we all know exactly why.
I don't know. What happened? I haven't been following it.

I think it could be pretty cool still, if they add interesting tracks, but I tried it after maybe 4 years of not playing it and handling doesn't look very impressive now days. Also I remember when they changed the basic rally cross track design to a much wider a dull track, I didn't like that

Nothing happened in LFS. And when it started happening, it was too late.
Only steam and moddable content can save this title, and even at that, I feel its still a tall order,
from what I remember with the physics they felt ok, but no way near onpar with NKPro,
which currently to me is still in my top 3 physics engines I have drove in my lifetime that felt the most realistic, with Reiza been number 1 in this department there physics, specially there FFB is just out of this world the tracks feel alive,

I mean with outdated graphics engine, which looks fantastic with the lighting,
old content, not that well made physics engine not compared to the competition, 0 mod content,
I mean there is nowhere for this game to go, accept a distant memory.

if they want to throw me a SDK for the cars I will add a few of our cars and we can see where that leads to but just unsure the players are there, anyone have the server stats for online for this title / ?

That war LFS vs Netkar was great. I played both but chose the LFS side of the battle :)

The fake tracks were amazing; the tyres and tyre info were great and still put to shame some current sims (hello R3E); the online was doing things back then you still dont see today; lfsworld.net is still great and still unbeatable imo.

I remember with a lot of pleasure all the races in multiplayer in LFS. My first multiplayer sim racing.
Because of LFS I bought my first wheel, a beautiful Momo racing force black, which is still working after so many years, now to third owner. I was the second one ;)
After that a whole new world open in front of my eyes and I'm part of this world until this day and enjoying more and more.
Even if the developers team chose another path than others, that dose not diminish the merits and the hard and beautiful work they do.
Thank you Scawen, Eric and Victor!!!

upload_2018-12-19_14-59-9.png

And this lfsworld.net site is still present and supported after all these years. Amazing.

Last edited:
I remember with a lot of pleasure all the races in multiplayer in LFS. My first multiplayer sim racing.
Because of LFS I bought my first wheel, a beautiful Momo racing force black, which is still working after so many years, now to third owner. I was the second one ;)
After that a whole new world open in front of my eyes and I'm part of this world until this day and enjoying more and more.
Even if the developers team chose another path than others, that dose not diminish the merits and the hard and beautiful work they do.
Thank you Scawen, Eric and Victor!!!

View attachment 282092
And this lfsworld.net site is still present and supported after all these years. Amazing.

Same story here :) first sim, first wheel.

upload_2018-12-19_17-44-43.png

upload_2018-12-19_17-50-27.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%