New league/race club suggestion

Hi.
First of all I would like to thank all the administrators and every one else who make it possible to race here on RD. I absolutely love every race I compete in, it is always friendly and the organization is practically always perfect. Thank you all for doing this.

Now for my suggestion. I know rFactor is an old game and that it is being replaced by rFactor2, Assetto Corsa and the others, but... it still is the game with the biggest modding community and some of the highest quality mods. The problem is that all this incredible content is slowly getting abandoned, and it is getting more and more difficult to find league races in rFactor.

Still... a recent mod has made rFactor miles ahead of any competition in a specific race format that is Rallycross. Rallycross is extremely fun, with quick races and a lot of action; insanely powerful AWD cars and short mixed surface racetracks. I'm not a huge fan of real life RX (I only care about Petter :D), but for online sim racing, I think it is perfect. It can perfectly be run with as low as 6 drivers and up to dozens when using the "real system" and its qualifying heats.

You might have heard of the mod, it is Rallyworldmod 4.0 from Spain with its Rallycross expansion pack. I think it is incredibly good, and I am pretty sure I have seen it used in a professional simulator. A dozen rally cross tracks are also freely available (the one in the video is not part of them unfortunately) which could potentially sum up as a perfect calendar.

Easy to start, technical to master, all in an exciting package. What do you think? Is this doable?
I am obviously willing to do all the necessary work, if creating a new league is possible.

Thank you for reading.
Cheers and see you sometime on the track.:)

Last edited:
Hi @Damien Wintz

Our last ever rFactor 1 race was the 24 Hours of Le Mans counting towards the now defunct RD Le Mans Series.

Since then we have moved our league racing (club racing already before that date) to rFactor 2 and we have no plans in resurrecting rFactor 1 anymore as its improved and more modern successor is already released and working fine.

Though would be nice to see such mods appearing in rF2.

You might want to check out the online racing sections in this forum: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/rfactor-2.68/

Thank you for your reply. I totally understand your position and I respect it. For sure, it would be a nightmare to keep the oldies still running, with in the end only a couple entrants at each event.

Yet when I see the popularity of the RD Rally Championship (which I am proudly taking part in); I'm not sure it is all about the intrinsic qualities of the game (which are -- aside physics and in-stage gameplay -- pretty poor to today's standards) but more about the originality of the racing format. Rallying is exciting, and this is what attracts so much people in this league and championship.

And there I think there is a huge difference between "rFactor" strictly speaking (if such thing exists) and its Rallycross counterpart as there is a world of difference between traditional circuit racing and rallycross. A difference such that I think one could prevail where the other would undoubtedly fail.

The league I am suggesting would be more about adding a new "sport discipline" than just bringing back an old and rusty sim. A discipline that is exciting and could potentially be very attractive to everyone including people usually racing in other categories or on other simulators.

The fact that it is on rFactor1 seems more like a benefit than a burden, as rFactor has not only aged very well but it is one of the most widespread racing sim as well.

I really hope that the matter can be reconsidered. Anyways, thank you for reading.

I googled for this mod and the first thing I see are cars from GTR2 I believe which would rule this mod out already as we don't support pirated content.

Unless I am wrong and this mod is 100% scratch build. Do you know the origin of its content?

I just did a little bit of research and it seems that you are right... Most of the models seem to be ripped from various games. It was indeed too good to be true fan work.

I think combating piracy is fair, so let's just forget this whole idea then :( thank you anyway for answering the request.

So, just to chip in two pink cents here. There are legal RX-mods out there, and it would be a nice additon to the gravel-area of RD. However, it would be long evenings, with little driving (compared to the time used).

Remember we did this in a Norwegian league, used the IRL RX format (the old one - the good one...). It took time, and we were only 9-12 drivers!

Oh, and the vid reminded me of the Peugeot-mod.

EDIT: @Damien Wintz PM me when you see this! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back