New league idea and plea for help

Hello.

I'm working together with an old simracing-friend
to create a new league, based on a concept
that involves using different mods and even sims across the seasons. This would then
give true multi-discipline championships. And we would also like it to remain "fun", so we can do
crazy things like running a race with GMC Buses in rF or something silly like that, also most races
would be fixed setup affairs, so that more people can jump right in and have fun.

A way to play with different mods and sims and content, with new friends and still have some points
structure going...

We are thinking about using the same points scoring for any content, meaning that to win the league
you will have to be good in any car/track/surface etc.

Primarily this will be run on rFactor and rFactor 2, due to the amount of content available.

With that background story, i now humbly ask for help. My experience of sim racing is vast, having
been part of the community for more than 15 years actually (Microprose Grand Prix, baby!), i've tried
it all and run in most forms of leagues. Mostly small however.

But neither of us have ever run one. So this is where i really need some help from
someone experienced in that.

So i've come to RD to ask for some help. First, is this a good idea at all? Is this kind of
"fun race" mix and match format something you would like?

Secondly, is there ANYONE with league experience willing to come onboard and help us make it happen?

We have hosting space for website and such, as well as broadband stability to run servers.

However, the organizing of the actual league is new to us, and i want it to work smooth. '

Remember, the idea is to try new things with a tight knit crowd and have fun. "Fun" is keyword, rather
than competition, however that does not exclude competing for score :)

If this is posted in the wrong section or not ok, or something, can a mod please correct?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back