New Layout for site and forums

The top menu is gone for me on the front page. I'm using Firefox.

RlnP7.jpg

Lovely website presentation ... except for tired eyes ;)

Truly said, too much empty white spaces ( due to the too big presentation of the poster on the left ) with light blue thread topics ( when not read yet ) .... make it really blinding.:confused:
I shouldn't be able to read it for a long time without pain.

Sorry if I'm the only one honestly saying what I think.
Very good job done, but finding a way to make white empty spaces shorter would make it perfect.:whistling:

Example: +- 12 text lines for my post and for just 1 line in the previous one is almost double space taking !

Actually thats the only thing that didnt change from the previous layout. Kinda agree that sometimes a horizontal postbit is easier but is more associated with a blog.

On the other hand we have some kind donators that absolutely earn their twitter and premium member tags for keeping this site alive ;) Too bad for the white space it creates as it pays the monthly bills for RD :D

Ill see what i can do

I understand perfectly the reason why :)
Maybe the idea is make white background a little less white and greyish while making the greyish sides a little bit darker.
Just a suggestion if you don't find anything else better ? :redface:

The current background is a placeholder as we are thinking to make the background a community competition (on bi-weekly/monthly basis?)

Some people in the community are true artists and I am sure they can come up with much better looking backgrounds then we do.

What are your thoughts on this?

Everything looks nice,thanks for your work guys.
Background looks ok to me and anything you might put there should reflect racing.Except for this month when you can put a Santa and his reindeer...:D
Please can you put the snow back on the forum....or something Xmas-ish.:whistling:

The current background is a placeholder as we are thinking to make the background a community competition (on bi-weekly/monthly basis?)

Some people in the community are true artists and I am sure they can come up with much better looking backgrounds then we do.

What are your thoughts on this?

I am allways open for challenge to work with Photoshop :sneaky:

Its great and all but my eyes really hurt, I have to squint at the website :p

Agree with others about the background, maybe with that change the rest of the site won't hurt my eyes. (Yes, I read that its temporary :))

Oh yeah, and one thing I've been meaning to mention for a while is the "current forum location" bar. For example if you go here, you'll see that after "F1 2012 - The Game ->" the text goes to a new line, but the blue bar behind it doesn't extend down.

EDIT: Maybe I was tired yesterday, but the site doesn't seem so bright today. My eyes aren't complaining anymore.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%