New Jersey track layout

Just wished it would go the other direction.. but looks like a pretty good layout. Some high speed corners.

nj-formula1-trackjpg-eb7ce5f5ed119ddd.jpg

I think the issues will be solved long before the event will happen.

Just recently the Austin guys said that the track probably will be finished in September even so it looks like construction is going well there now.

personally the track layout is less than desireable! its another montreal...valencia....melbourne...long straight to a tight corner...dragrace back the other direction...only neat thing about this is that they will have the NYC skyline in the background...

i think if they wana hold a race in NY State it shoud be in the bussiness district downtown New York(or there abouts) around all the tall skyscrapers..having yet another track near a bay or marina is gona be one to many now..we have Monaco,Valencia,Abu Dhabi,Montreal and Melbourne(to a degree)..its enough imo

Looks like a typical 21st century F1 track, a fun layout for the drivers, but limited chances to overtake bar a few corners. Hope this one doesn't make it through to be honest.

Hmm after looking at the video i´d say it shares nothing of Monaco really.

It´s more of a bigger version of Singapore where the cars can breath a little more.
Monaco is a totally different beast with it´s narrow track and massive elevations.

Don´t think that video is even remotely accurate but it still gives a damn good idea about the track and what we can expect.

You can always look at the streets where the track is going to run in Google maps using the street view. It might not be the perfect circuit, but this one is more about the F1 circus hitting NYC than anything else.

Actually there are so many tracks over the world that creating something new is really hard. Almost everything is already done and even an experiment like Magny Course proved it's not garantied we'll have exciting races even if the best parts of other circuits are combined at one. I really don't want another track like Valencia. It's shame to say that but I fell asleep last 4 races there.

Honestly - I'd rather have a couple of tracks, that totally rip off the "classic" ones (Spa, Monza, Imola, Silverstone, Nordschleife), instead of some, that were supposed to be unique and turned out not fun to either watch and drive on.

P.S.: Those ripoff tracks should obviously be used alongside their "prototypes", not instead of them ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%