New Jersey Motorsports Park: Lightning

Tracks New Jersey Motorsports Park: Lightning 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I drove this track last week at NJMP Track Day and this mod is SO GOOD. Very well done. I got to come back and practice some things in sim that I couldn't quite get right in a handful of laps in real life. I wish I could drive over the bridge and past the pub and hop on Thunderbolt and get some laps in as well! Great job on this one though.
Not sure about the pub but Thunderbolt is coming ;)

Is the laser scan data available anywhere? I'm trying to find a good way to make a 3D model of the track layout for 3D printing. I've tried a few different methods but none of them really produce the result I'm looking for. And to stay on topic... I can't wait for Thunderbolt!

Is the laser scan data available anywhere? I'm trying to find a good way to make a 3D model of the track layout for 3D printing. I've tried a few different methods but none of them really produce the result I'm looking for. And to stay on topic... I can't wait for Thunderbolt!
For which track? I could send you a copy of the layout from either one or both if you want.

Are these black patches meant to stick out this much? They look ok at low sun but in the middle of the day..
jOsQs2T.jpg

YqqRK0m.jpg

Thank you for your work on this! NJMP is my local track complex, and I love driving Lightning, especially in my Elise (just seems made for this track). Being able to now do it in a sim (in VR no less!) is absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait for Thunderbolt!

Thank you again. I appreciate all the work that must have gone into this. You have made my morning. :)

Brian

But why? Watkins Glen is a terrible circuit now. I understand you may not want to work from dodgy video clips, but don't do Watkins Glen, please please please.

The only interesting thing about Watkins Glen is the 1967 circuit. It's modern version is horrible.

At very least do an intersting circuit like Sonoma?
i love watkin modern, and i love sonoma to, life is life , some like, some dont like. there is no probleme. why denigrate ????

Under the Subaru bridge it's possible to fall off the map when colliding with the side walls.
I doubt anyone will ever find this a problem, my car was sent there after a contact with another car -- something that never happened in two years since this track was released.

LOL yep there is a wall object missing where the concrete is. For sure an odd place to go off which is likely why nobody ever found it until now. I got some updates coming for my tracks soon so I'll make sure I put a wall there.

This track is awesome, any chance you will do the NJMP Thunderbolt track?
...or perhaps the go-kart track? I noticed it's been somewhat modeled and with some of the newer karts released recently it could be fun.

In any case this track is fantastic! A few of my friends and I are currently working on a car to enter in next year's Lemons, so having this available to get some practice in is a real godsend.

I'll look to make the kart track a proper option after I do Thunderbolt. For now just drive through the closed fence and you can get onto Tempest. It's just a bit rough in a few spots as it was never intended to be raced on.

upload_2019-7-23_12-3-24.png

upload_2019-7-23_12-3-48.png

I'll look to make the kart track a proper option after I do Thunderbolt. For now just drive through the closed fence and you can get onto Tempest. It's just a bit rough in a few spots as it was never intended to be raced on.
Didn't realize I could drive through that fence...guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back