New iRacing promotion - 12 months just $49!

Just a few days ago iRacing launched its new leagues micro-site. Along with this new site they announced a new promotion aimed at encouraging sim racers to come and enjoy the league racing on offer at iRacing.com with 50% slashed off their current subscription prices.

iRacing_logo.pngFor just $49 you can enjoy a full year of iRacing or for $6 try it out for a month. This promotion is for new members only and includes all the content found in the regular package - six cars and nine tracks and all the other benefits a regular subscription provides.

To take advantage of this offer click this link to go to iRacing's leagues page and chose either a month or twelve months subscription.

RaceDepartment has been running regular events over the last year and we have a full calendar of events and series lined up to take us league racing in iRacing into 2012.

Our series and events are open to all licensed members at RaceDepartment, membership is free so if you're not a member why not join today by filling in this simple application form. For more information on our series and events and to catch up with all the news and chat about iRacing click here to go to our iRacing forum.

You don't need to pay for any track or car at all if you don't want to Andreas. You can make iRacing as expensive as you wish.

The basic game has a handful of cars and tracks already that should keep you busy for quite some time. Of course the top cars in the game are not included. But for 30 euro's for a year this can't be called expensive. Fair price imo.

The entry level content is as follows:
Cars
Ford Spec Racer
JR Motorsports Street Stock
Mazda MX-5 CupMazda
MX-5 RoadsterLegends
Ford '34 Coupe
Pontiac Solstice

Tracks
Charlotte Motor Speedway (includes two roads courses and Legends oval)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Okayama International Circuit (Full and short course layouts)
Oxford Plains Speedway
Lanier National Speedway
Lime Rock Park (two course layouts)
Thompson International Speedway
Summit Point Raceway (four course variations)
South Boston Speedway

I was sitting up when I read the title, then realised it's for new subscribers again:frown:. I'll wait for August to try the new tyre model with all cars with 1month sub to see if it will keep me interested. I might have taken the plunge if it had been $49.99 for everyone!!!

Philip Antonia;855710 said:
I was sitting up when I read the title, then realised it's for new subscribers again:frown:. I'll wait for August to try the new tyre model with all cars with 1month sub to see if it will keep me interested. I might have taken the plunge if it had been $49.99 for everyone!!!

Yeah they could show some more love for existing customers would be nice as well. Loyalty scheme please!:wink:

From a pessimistic (ehh??) POV: if they make an action with 50% discount, you can count on it they make 75% profit normally.... Thats life, but I think if they make everything, including cars and tracks 50% cheaper, they would have 500% more people and have a greater income... Optimistic: I tried the sim once and the physics are really great and with the news of driverswaps (hopefully without disconnects) and the iRDLMS anouncement, this really interests me.Anyone know till when this discount runs?

Nah, monthly subscription is great if they can pull it off, and they obviously can. With the whole service and quality content, even I've been tempted to try it, but I can't really afford to at this point.
They can use that constant inflow of money to add and improve the service, and that can only make the subscription more worthwhile.

Don't really understand why they would offer this only for new drivers though, would've been nice to show appreciation for the people who shelled out hundreds of dollars to them already.

I get a whopping $5 account credit for 1 year, or just cancel my account and get a new one for $50 less.... I have only a basic iRating so far so it's a better way to do it... I would race more but waiting 29 minutes (somehow I log in just after the race session starts) to join a race is a joke too and in New Zealand between 8pm and 12am they seem to do a lot of server updates and therefore it's down...

Recently there was an offer for an early renewal of a year-subscription. 30% off, credit into iRacing dollars. So they are thinking about existing customers. Normally such offers also exist during Helloween. They also have St. Patrick days promotions.Don't forget, 100% content owners get 25% discount on everything new released.I agree it is somewhat expensive, the cars/tracks could be a bit cheaper. But the pricing is fair enough.If I compare it to a recent DLC from a well-known developer. Where one should pay 10eur for only car skins, 1 imported (zolder) and 2 new track. And with this dev, I hardly see any support to solve bugs or help in any way.But the topic was about a discount for new members. Great offer imo.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%