New iRacing Dirt Video - Dirt Late Model at Eldora Speedway

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Dirt video 2.jpg

iRacing.com have released a very short trailer showcasing the upcoming dirt content due to hit iRacing during the early part of 2017.

The new trailer comes in at just 35 seconds in length, but most importantly gives fans the first "official" look at iRacing dirt driving in action. With Late Models, Street Stock, Sprint Cars, Camping World Trucks and a Rallycross car due to be added, plus the already confirmed Eldora and Williams Grove Speedway, the new dirt update for iRacing is eagerly awaited by fans of the service.

Sim racing fans have been starved of properly simulated American short oval dirt racing for too long now, and although the sport itself is somewhat of an acquired taste, I'm sure the upcoming instalment to the iRacing content list will be very popular indeed.

It is not yet certain exactly what mix of content will come to the simulation as part of the initial dirt launch, or indeed when this content will be made available, but one thing is for sure the developers are taking a big step outside of their comfort zone and it will be interesting to see if the risk pays off.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for all the news on iRacing and the new dirt build as and when it becomes available.

iRacing.com is an online only racing services from the same people who brought you NASCAR Racing 2003. The business model allows only online competition against real drivers in a series of scheduled racing events. iRacing is exclusive to PC.

iRacing Dirt video 1.jpg
iRacing Dirt.jpg

Check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding this title. We also have available to download a selection of community created setups across a range of vehicles in game.

Looking forward to dirt? Like what you see in the video? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wow that progress, they have more money than Scrooge McDuck...
seriously doubt that, with sth. like 150,000 customers in five years compared to over a million customers a year for the top selling console titles, iRacing probably ranks at the bottom end when it comes to sheer profit. I for one am happy they survive and probably turn a small profit besides, otherwise my favorite mode of online racing would be gone.

seriously doubt that, with sth. like 150,000 customers in five years compared to over a million customers a year for the top selling console titles, iRacing probably ranks at the bottom end when it comes to sheer profit. I for one am happy they survive and probably turn a small profit besides, otherwise my favorite mode of online racing would be gone.
Seriously doubt they earn not enough money with their price system. If that's the true, assetto corsa should had been dead since lot of time ago since they got way more licenses, started selling dlcs last year and...their prices are way lower than iracing once monthly. So I don't think they have no money. Maybe they don't spend the time others do or they don't have the knowledge, but the money...doubt that.

But that's just my supposition, not data based.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 14.0%