New Indy Dallara Road course loads Indy aero?

I just tested the new Dallara DW12 both in the oval and road configuration.
At the Indy Oval the cars seem excellent. Good competition lots of fun.

However, I then switch to Mid Ohio and picked the road version and I was surprised that at 100% AI I was lapping close to 3 seconds faster per lap. Changed the AI to 110% and things did not improve. So I watched the replys and I noticed that all the other cars had the Oval aero on with just the tiny wing while my car had the full road aero.

In addition, the AI seemed to get in trouble a lot in practice. Lot's off offs, cars weaving in the turns and so on.

My guess is that I was racing against oval setup cars. I tried to see if there were other options to load. Something like "Indy 2014 Road" but nothing of the sort is available.

How to I switch the AI to the road sets? Is it maybe the track that is setup wrong?

I did a practice at Indy road and the AI seemed to use the right cars or at least they drove like it. I'll go back and check if that's the case, but I'd like to race these cars everywhere, not just indy.

How to I switch the AI to the road sets? Is it maybe the track that is setup wrong?

The upgrades where you choose the configuration type (tuning menu) used to be ordered something like:
Indy 500
Oval
Road

With this upgrade, that list has been re-ordered so as to choose the road version by default on all tracks.

To combat the problem in the past, track editors would include an ini file which forced option 3 (road config) Now that same ini file is forcing the oval setup.

If you are comfortable in unpacking/packing tracks, then you simply need to delete the ini and repack, otherwise you will need to wait for an official update.

Hehe, I need to stop assuming.
The ini file thing I described is actually correct, but as you noted, not in this particular case.
Since they changed the order so that road version loads by default, and since you have the oval config on this track, I can only assume you hit that force config button while the oval config was selected at some point in the past.

So yep, what Jeff advised should work fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%