Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Been playing with the mod from 5/20 and the results are A1! I'll be recording some more vids and taking more screenshots, but man, what a difference. I have a Sony XBR65X930E 4K tv and at 1440p, am able to get 65FPS with a full grid. In 4K, the frames drop more than 10FPS, but even at 1440p, the game looks and runs silky smooth! (<-- pertains to Replays, otherwise I always game in 4K) Click on the screenshots for the full-res versions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Been playing with the mod from 5/20 and the results are A1! I'll be recording some more vids and taking more screenshots, but man, what a difference. I have a Sony XBR65X930E 4K tv and at 1440p, am able to get 65FPS with a full grid. In 4K, the frames drop more than 10FPS, but even at 1440p, the game looks and runs silky smooth! Click on the screenshots for the full-res versions. Thanks!

Looks nice, let me just add my 2cents here as I'm also playing with a good 4k-tv. If your tv is "only" 60hz like mine, I always prefer the native resolution(4k), specially if you are playing with a wheel sitting really close, then with some tweaking and adjusting, you can improve your fps(grid are cpu-dependent), sometimes you will lose some eye candy effects thats true, but at 4k+customs shaders+sol+a goodfilter(like horizon), etc it looks really impresive, some moments close to reality and a delight to play.

Looks nice, let me just add my 2cents here as I'm also playing with a good 4k-tv. If your tv is "only" 60hz like mine, I always prefer the native resolution(4k), specially if you are playing with a wheel sitting really close, then with some tweaking and adjusting, you can improve your fps(grid are cpu-dependent), sometimes you will lose some eye candy effects thats true, but at 4k+customs shaders+sol+a goodfilter(like horizon), etc it looks really impresive, some moments close to reality and a delight to play.

For the sake of the replays and showcasing this mod, I chose to run 1440p with a full grid. Otherwise I always run in 4K. I've owned a rig before (Rseat RS1 w/NLR Motion V3, Fanatec CSW 2.5, SRX GT Dash, etc.). But yeah, this mod is awesome so far. Kudos to the creator.

thanks for these shades! The game looks so much nicer now and it runs smooth on my system (9900k - RTX 2080)

i tried to export the replay in 4k/60p ... at the end its not 60p but its 4k ^^ I think a second PC with a capture card is needed ...

The only thing i recognize is a lot of flimmering pixels where the light of the headlights is falling on other cars. Overall antialiasing is active and all looks smooth but not the back of the cars.

Last edited:
thanks for these shades! The game looks so much nicer now and it runs smooth on my system (9900k - RTX 2080)

i tried to export the replay in 4k/60p ... at the end its not 60p but its 4k ^^ I think a second PC with a capture card is needed ...

The only thing i recognize is a lot of flimmering pixels where the light of the headlights is falling on other cars. Overall antialiasing is active and all looks smooth but not the back of the cars.

A 2014 game runs smooth on a 9900k+RTX 2080, that's weird ;)

I'm working on a new update with a New PPFilter! Coming soon

Screenshot_redbull_2020_monza_30-4-120-3-24-55.jpg

Screenshot_redbull_2020_monza_30-4-120-3-23-30.jpg
Screenshot_redbull_2020_monza_30-4-120-3-22-47.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gtn_darche_96_monza_30-4-120-3-13-27.jpg

Screenshot_redbull_2020_monza_30-4-120-3-21-47.jpg

I do like your filter a lot. The only change I make is removal of motion blur in Shader's patch. Hogs frame rate for my system. However, on certain cars I get a very blurry wind screen. I can revert back to my base settings in CSP and another filer and the problem goes away. I will try my base settings in CSP with the Horizon's filter to see if things are back to normal or not. This does not happen with every car. I have only had two thus far, but it makes driving the vehicle difficult.View attachment 376051 View attachment 376052View attachment 376053
I like your filter very much. AND I use it from v2.5 to new 1.0 update2.
the same problem. many mod cars(Such as ATCC v1.2, ginetta_g55_gt3, zs_calibra_dtm) get a very blurry wind screen. I use the windscreen-fix-02 patch,but can not Fix It .

HOW TO solve this problem,which function of CSP cause blurry wind screen?
WISH New version!

Been playing with the mod from 5/20 and the results are A1! I'll be recording some more vids and taking more screenshots, but man, what a difference. I have a Sony XBR65X930E 4K tv and at 1440p, am able to get 65FPS with a full grid. In 4K, the frames drop more than 10FPS, but even at 1440p, the game looks and runs silky smooth! (<-- pertains to Replays, otherwise I always game in 4K) Click on the screenshots for the full-res versions. Thanks!

where can we find the the audi evo???

Hello folks. I've been loving this filter, absolutely brilliant work... but I've run into a recurring problem...

Screenshot_gt3_jaguar_xkr_gt3_willow_springs_1-6-120-15-23-55.jpg

Anybody else had this? If I set up a day/night session, after the sun has set and it's all gone dark, there is normally a couple of minutes buffer before this weird effect dominates the screen. Like a burned in image of the sunset, or something. It's happened on a few tracks, and not with any other ppfilters. I've tried several different CSP versions (currently on 0.1.59) but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas?!

Edit: turns out I wasn't running the latest version of Sol - updating it seems to have done the trick.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back