Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi guys.. i installed 10 minutes ago and i have a bad fram rate efficiency (i have less than 50fps now).. I'm not abble to uninstall this! i choose all the settings to make SOL run .. but once i choose to run a race.. start the game loading text and then is this mod again. Also there is to much motion blur, but in video options is off...
Thank you very much!

Hi! Great mod, the game sure looks pretty. The only problem I'm having is with the sky and overall brightness, is waaaayyy too much. The sky is so bright that when I play with "clear", "cloudy", or "broken clouds" settings on my Content Manager, the sky is sooo bright to the point that I can't see any sun, blue sky, clouds, etc. I'm attacking pics to show (2 for Silverstone, 2 for Monza, on different sky settings). How do I tune this down so I can see a beautiful blue sky?

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 244
I don't like ACC because it is just a one series Sim, though the tracks are the best looking and more realistic out there, which to me is a big immersion factor, but after a while it's boring. I sim-race
rFactor 2 and Automobilista, and Live for Speed once in a while, so am well covered, and waiting
for AMS 2 to be really polished. But I'm still attracted to AC because of the large amount of mods it
always had. I like best the old muscle cars, road cars and touring cars from the 90s, DTM and such.
I'll have a look around to see the official tracks with new skins, maybe I like them. Thanks.

Yep, I have AMS2 as well and am waiting for the braking system to be polished. I also love touring cars and there's a very recent 6 car btcc car park out and a very good 7 car wtcr car pack out for assetto. And quite a few of the assetto tracks have been given recent btcc skins - got them all myself. In addition to the skins use a good pp filter (haven't tried thread one), plus content manager and use some visual tweaks using customer shader patch (csp) which comes with it - configurations things where you can download via csp extra trackside objects such as track lights etc which then give you working track night lights etc... if you were to use ALL the extra effects (theres lots of different ones) then for sure assetto will look amazing but you need a pc with power so compromise on these extra stuff.

Myself I go for half way and use track skins, content manager with csp and a tick a few visual effects. But some peeps also use sol which is a 24hr time day/night and weather system in addition to all of the above mentioned in the first paragraph - this gives even extra big visual goodies which you see in lots of the images here but tbh I dont run sol myself and just keep to stuff in the first paragraph and I'm happy with those improvements. Beside, I can barely drive in the dry during the day let alone in the wet during the night! :D

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Hi! Great mod, the game sure looks pretty. The only problem I'm having is with the sky and overall brightness, is waaaayyy too much. The sky is so bright that when I play with "clear", "cloudy", or "broken clouds" settings on my Content Manager, the sky is sooo bright to the point that I can't see any sun, blue sky, clouds, etc. I'm attacking pics to show (2 for Silverstone, 2 for Monza, on different sky settings). How do I tune this down so I can see a beautiful blue sky?

Set AE to "true" in SOL config app.

Set AE to "true" in SOL config app.
Hi, thank you. I tried this as well (sorry, forgot to mention it previously), and although it does make it better, it still way too bright.

I tried to use a mix of "Horizon" settings, "_Sol Exposure = 40%" (in game) and some default settings as well, and it became much better. Still, its kinda like a "Frankenstein", if I could only reduce the brightness, I would sure use Horizon!

Yeah, that sky looks way too bright. Perhaps mixing effects is the problem there.

By the way, what track is the one in the last pic? Imola? Those trees look different from the usual
rounded AC trees... I'd like to see a video clip ot it.

When driving at night with both car and track lights I have to turn of glare (in AC video settings) and I turned down blur to 50% as also advised above.
Then it looks great, very natural and still a decent FPS (depends on track, mod, extra's). The feature that has alot of FPS impact is ExtraFX. When I turn that off completely I gain about 20FPS (and thats also with other PP filters).

Strange thing is that I do not experience the overbright sky as dicussed above. In game SOL config I set it to "2" blue sky. Maybe play around with the time of the day closer to sunrise/sunset?

Excellent work, it really completely changes the overall view and feel of this amazing simulator.
The only problem I had was that when using the SOL rain mode, the car spray disappeared. Has anyone had this problem or do you know how to correct it?

Lot of Thanks.

Pablo.

Excellent work, it really completely changes the overall view and feel of this amazing simulator.
The only problem I had was that when using the SOL rain mode, the car spray disappeared. Has anyone had this problem or do you know how to correct it?

Lot of Thanks.

Pablo.

Disable "new smoke" in particlesfx and use the vanilla smoke from AC. New smoke does not work with rain.

Very nice effects. Thanks for the effort, but... what about the tracks? are there lately any 'more detailed' tracks mods? The effects make the Sim look better and moderm, but if the tracks are still the same
old ones, the Sim will still look outdated.

I ask because I uninstalled this Sim a long time ago, and am not sure if it's worth giving it a try again
if there are no new better detailed tracks.
If you havnt used Content Manager with its Custom shader patch and Sol weather mod by themselves it changes the game tremendously just by themselves. This mod mainly is a preset for changing the CSP settings (preset) and some SOL tweaks as well as PP Filter on top. If you like to run at 4K maxed out base game settings and most setting in CSP but this (CSP preset/pp filter) drops my frames from 110fps down to a manageable 70ish in the cockpit view. Its mainly the Motion Blur wether you use the AC blur or CSP blur its an FPS killer. Also, Forget about replays since they always run like crap at certain TV cams.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%