New here :)

Hi!
I am new to this forum and wonder some things:
1. How do you install a car or a track if it is a .rar? I get it too work if it is a .zip but not with an .rar.
2. I really like the game. It is very amazing look at the cars, do you make them in blender?
3. In what program do you make the tracks?
4. Is it possible to make tracks in L3DT?
Does some one here know what Rigs Of Rods is?

/Amazon from Sweden

Hi

I can do a few of these.

1. You need to download a bit of nagware software called WinRAR. Google will find this for you. It works in the same way as WinZIP.
2. Great. Some of the cars, usually the best ones, are made in Blender. But some people can do wonderful things with Zanoza's zModeler v1.07
3. Also Blender. There's a fantastic tutorial on using Blender to make environments for Racer, somewhere.
4. No idea, sorry.

I do know what RoR is. I used to have it, but the appeal wore off once I'd smashed all the vehicles up.

Welcome.

I've tried making some offroad tracks using heightmaps similar to what L3DT makes. Since Racer doesn't have an automatic LOD system for terrains like RoR, have to keep it quite low-res or make LOD models to make it playable. I used a mesh optimization tool in Rhino, which kept details and polycount good enough for a small map.

I have two Blender tutorials, one for cars and one for tracks. They are a bit out of date as they don't use the new cg shaders but a good start as all steps to make cars/tracks and get them into racer are in the tutorials.

Just PM me and I'll send them to you.

Get 7-zip it's the best compressor/decompressor available.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back