New helmet cam views give me motion sickness.

I have seen a few videos in recent days of what appears to be drivers eye view helmet cams. Just tried to watch the one of Lewis doing a run at silverstone and I felt almost immediately nauseous. I’m not entirely sure they will be able to use these on the main coverage as I doubt I’m the only one who will be affected like this.

While I don't get this feeling, I can understand. There is so much vibration through the helmet that your body can acclimatize to quite well...if you are the one going through the vibrations. Watching on TV, though is a diffferent story. I get the same sensation when watching POV videos on roller coasters. The camera is all shaky, but it seems "normal" when I'm on the coaster myself. I think there could be somethign done in terms of dampening the vibrations, but would likely add even more weight to the mount.

I doubt any of these videos are "live" so I don't get why they don't cut something away of the view area and render a digital stabilizer on it.
I'm having the same problems and I'm massively thankful for most racing Sims having a "stabilizing" setting now. Without these I couldn't race in cockpit cam!

They had the eye level cams over the last years too. I doubt they run it during qualy or race sessions so you should be fine while watching the important parts on TV :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%