New Guy

Hello everyone! I just thought I would introduce myself. I am new to PC sim racing and just built my gaming PC about 3 months ago for the primary purpose to sim race. I started on the console and am racing in a league using Forza 2 motorsports. I much prefer the PC sims though cause most guys in the console world that I race against use a game pad and I on the other hand have set up a cockpit.

The community is good though and I am hoping to start getting involved in the PC community. How ever I don't have a mic. yet. But I have been trying to get myself familiar with the PC sims for the past 3 months and I think the one I am most comfortable with as far as racing online is GTR Evo.

I have no idea how I would get started though in metting some people to race with. I just started toying around with the steam version yesterday. I tried to install a mod but it caused my game to crash so I had to uninstall the game and then re install. I have installed mods to rFactor with almost no problems but I had trouble with GTR.

I like the mods that come with a install program! It makes it so easy for new guys like me. Any how I am hoping to meet some people and get started. Thanks

No John, I'll give you a link. Here .... http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution-racing-club/

Those sticky threads at the top of the page are events that are scheduled for this coming week. All times showing are in GMT. If you're in Phillidelphia, you're GMT -4 so for a 1:00 gmt start time, that'll be 9pm eastern. Find an event, sign up and start connecting with guys that are racing that event. Here's a good one to begin with. Porsches at A1ring. I'll be there to be your contact and get you acclimated.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...us-sunday-august-30th-porsche-cup-a1ring.html

It's sunday night at 9:00 pm eastern. It requires you download the track and the mod. I can help you get them in the correct places.

IF not the porsche then try the friday event and begin tonight with practice with a bunch of nice guys that will help out. Get onto the practice server around 8 or 9 pm eastern to meet and drive. You'll need STCC the game to join the friday group which costs $20. We drive that every thursday and friday and are starting a league in 3 weeks. We have 37 entrants so far. You could be #38!!

Otherwise, let me know how I can help.

:plus1:

Thanks Jarrod for posting that up. I was in the process of writing the same thing.

Im usually right on top of new drivers posting, but didnt see your post til now mate.

Glad you have joined us, and I PROMISE if you join us for 1 race you will be hooked. Ask any of the guys on Friday night races, how much of an addiction this place is :)

If you need any assistance at all, please PM me or add me on MSN - kman4424 at hotmail.com MSN is best because im so on and off the comp all day because of work.

Again Welcome, and enjoy the ride.

Keith

No John, I'll give you a link. Here .... http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution-racing-club/

Those sticky threads at the top of the page are events that are scheduled for this coming week. All times showing are in GMT. If you're in Phillidelphia, you're GMT -4 so for a 1:00 gmt start time, that'll be 9pm eastern. Find an event, sign up and start connecting with guys that are racing that event. A good place to do that is in the race thread where you indicate that you want to sign up for that event. Here's a good one to begin with. Porsches at A1ring. I'll be there to be your contact and get you acclimated.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...us-sunday-august-30th-porsche-cup-a1ring.html

It's sunday night at 9:00 pm eastern. It requires you download the track and the mod. I can help you get them in the correct places.

IF not the porsche then try the friday event and begin tonight with practice with a bunch of nice guys that will help out. Get onto the practice server around 8 or 9 pm eastern to meet and drive. You'll need STCC the game to join the friday group which costs $20. We drive that every thursday and friday and are starting a league in 3 weeks. We have 37 entrants so far. You could be #38!!

Otherwise, let me know how I can help.

Wow.... Thanks so much for all this HELP!!! I just got back from the store with my new logitech desktop mic. I'm going to set that up and dowload team speak now. I would very much like to participate in Sunday nights thing for sure. Friday nights racing will have to wait till next week though. But I'm interested in both. It will be GREAT to learn how to properly install mods by talking to someone. Thanks to for explaining the time thing cause I was lost with that too. lol Once I get rolling here I'm sure I will understand a lot better. I'll let ya know how I make out.

Ok thanks a lot but I must be retarded cause I can't get my mic. to work correctly! I downloaded teamspeak 2 and connected to RD's server and I can hear everyone great but when I speak there's nothing. I did a local voice test through the setting in teamspeak and there's just a distorted sound coming out of my speakers. I'm trying to figure this out.

Make sure you have all the plug ins correctly plugged. Make sure you're not on mute. Those are my 2 most frequent problems.... if you're getting feedback, it sounds like something else. I didn't have to install my device but maybe you do. Can anyone else help John with this one. I'm unavailable to get on my computer at home to help.

Yeah I'm pullin my hair out over here. It's just a simple USB plug in and I went with the logitech mic. cause I figured it was a good brand so I doubt the mic. is busted. I'm just going to try and reboot and see if that does anything and if not than I will see if I can find support with teamspeak to figure this out. The hradware or mic. was automaticly installed when I plugged it in.

Ok making some progress here. I returned the USB mic. and exchanged it for a mic. that I can directly plug in to the mic. input on the PC and it seems to be working. :o) I have been testing it with the teamspeak local testing option and all is well although it's really low volume unless I put my mouth right up to the mic.

I can't tonight. I'm not racing tonight. I'll help you late tonight or tomorrow night. Or certainly before race sunday. Someone else may help you out if you get on early tonight. Try logging into teamspeak around 7:30 pm eastern.... starts to fill up around 8.

Ok awesome! I wont be around till late tonight so when ever it's cool. I have been making tons of progress btw! I did the mods and changed my profile name to match my name on here and I'm all signed up! All I have to do now is check my mic. through teamspeak and practice, pracrice, practice! lol

Other guy's on the forum have been helping me out BIG time! Many thanks to you all! I can't imagine figuring all this out on my own. For so many years all's I did was just press power on a console. lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%