New guy needing help..

So I just downloaded rFactor and have been trying to mod it. I downloaded the CARTFactor mod and installed it without a hitch. Today I tried to download the F1 2006 mod from rFactorCentral, it was installed and is working properly, but I am only able to choose cars from that specific mod. Is there a way to switch between mods?

Actually just figured that out right before I saw your reply! Thank you though. Do any mods come with a track pack or do you just have to fish for them yourself?
some do, but not many, you can download some of the best here at RD if you look in the
HistorX racing club threads or in the Porsche cup thread there is a pack of 5 tracks.
if you want Cart and F1 tracks look in http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Last edited:
I'm gonna hijack this thread here since the issue seems to have been solved, maybe some of you know why the heck is my steering wheel jerking to one side or the other while I'm in the pits/in really low speeds/standing still? The FFB feels normal again when getting a bit more speed.

I'm gonna hijack this thread here since the issue seems to have been solved, maybe some of you know why the heck is my steering wheel jerking to one side or the other while I'm in the pits/in really low speeds/standing still? The FFB feels normal again when getting a bit more speed.
what steering wheel ? normal rfactor ? or Mod ?

Tal, I only just bought this today and was having FFB issues too, a weird bumping/clipping when the wheel returns to centre, anyway I solved my FFB issue by installing the Realfeel plugin, it worked a treat, although I had to reverse the FFB in the settings because the wheel was doing exactly as you describe :thumbsup:

See, thats the thing: Its like the FFB is reversed only when in extremely slow speeds ( almost walking speed ).
I have a G27.

I have thia problem on all mods that I have (CTDP F1 2006-5, Enduracers, CART Factor). I Tried ISI default content and the problem is there too.

Also, another thing im confused about: If I have auto blip off, auto lift off and auto clutch off, do I need to heel & toe cars that have auto blip and auto clutch by nature (such as modern F1)? That is, are those properties implemented? Does the game know how to differentiate between cars with these properties and those without (where I would still have to heel&toe)?

In your controller.ini under the [ Force Feedback ] heading find the line..

FFB steer force neutral range="0.04500" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to disable).

I think this is your problem, backup the controller.ini or your entire USERDATA folder before editing and make sure your editing the correct .ini file. You may find multiple controller/ini files inside the USERDATA\CONTROLLER and you may find another controller.ini inside the USERDATA\TAL* (your driver name) folder. 0.0 setting will make your problem worse.
rFactor\USERDATA*\TAL* .......*is where you will find the multiple controller files.
good luck.
P.S under the ffb section ingame try setting minus -100 ffb then try +100 to feel the difference.

I have had the same problem as you @Tal I see you have G27 same as I have, the controller ini file I have attached you put in driver name folder ( your name) located in userdata, and nowhere else , the file is changed in the right places
step 2 Force feedback effects set at Medium , Force feedback strength 60 %
step 3 set your wheel at 900 degrees of rotation
step 4 in game ( in the pit ) or on the track you can change the Rotation of the wheel on the FLY this way ,
you have 4 red buttons on the shifter box, to shift rotation press the 2 in the middle at the same time AND HOLD now with your other hand you press 1 of the black small buttons on the shifter box the first on the left gives you 450 degrees, next on top 240 , on the right 670, the one in the bottom is 900 degrees this works in all racing games and you can feel the diff right away ( higher numbers will give you less jerky response )

Attachments

• Controller.ini
    26.4 KB · Views: 247

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline