PC1 New graphic card...

Hi everyone!
Two years ago I bought an AMD Radeon HD 7770, but talking with several people, I've noticed that it hasn't the performance it should. I have 200€ (260$) to spend in a new graphic card to play Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 in max settings. I've thought in a R9 270x but I want to hear other opinions. I'm also interested if there is any possibility to have bottleneck with my processor.
My pc specifications:
-Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz
-Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 Series 1024 mb
-RAM: 8gb
-Motherboard: P8Z77-M PRO

Cheers.

So yeah, as far as I'm aware... Ah, screw my awareness, what do I know :D
According to cpubenchmark.net:
- Intel Core i5-3330 @ 3.00GHz - 5,914
- AMD Phenom II X6 1045T - 4,923 :cry:
Ok, my CPU is overclocked to around 3,7 GHz (from 2,7 :D), so it SHOULD be over 5k, but still...

Anyway, I don't think your i5 would slow down a R9 270X much... You might even try a 280X, but that's a bit more on the expensive side.
However, I wouldn't trust myself when it comes to hardware, so better wait for someone else's opinion ;]

Get the most GPU power you can afford but, keep in mind that Nvidia will be unveiling the 800 series soon and that could bring more options and lower prices for other versions. The 800 series is predicted to bring substantial gains in GPU processing power with relatively low power requirements.

Get the most GPU power you can afford but, keep in mind that Nvidia will be unveiling the 800 series soon and that could bring more options and lower prices for other versions. The 800 series is predicted to bring substantial gains in GPU processing power with relatively low power requirements.

i read they would skip the 800 and go immediately through to the 900series.
but in the end it's just down to namegiving right

i read they would skip the 800 and go immediately through to the 900series.
but in the end it's just down to namegiving right
I haven't heard that - interesting. Maybe we should just say "Next Gen" for now.:)
Either way, the new GPU should be more capable and I'm hoping that they include some optimizations for use with the Oculus Rift.

I prefer the Nvidia cards, they seem to have less issues with some of the new games.

I haven't heard that - interesting. Maybe we should just say "Next Gen" for now.:)
Either way, the new GPU should be more capable and I'm hoping that they include some optimizations for use with the Oculus Rift.

I prefer the Nvidia cards, they seem to have less issues with some of the new games.

Hi,

I'm about to order the gtx980 (nVidea) which comes out in a few weeks here
it should be a tad faster than the 780ti
but a lot less energyconsuming

Hi,

I'm about to order the gtx980 (nVidea) which comes out in a few weeks here
it should be a tad faster than the 780ti
but a lot less energyconsuming
I hope you can share your thoughts once you have some time on it. I was really hoping that it would be built on the new architecture but, it looks like that's going to be a while.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%