New Gran Turismo wheel. Thrustmaster T500 RS

*1080º
*About 500€ official prize (not confirmed)
*30cm diameter
*7kg weight
*Industrial FF (Par 150 mNm, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)

thrustmaster500volante-1.jpg

pedales500_g.jpg

500_volante.jpg

Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel

GUI-4169056
WebID: 10163514

Customer Rating:
rating_arrow_full_sm.gif
rating_arrow_full_sm.gif
rating_arrow_full_sm.gif
rating_arrow_full_sm.gif
rating_arrow_half_sm.gif
4.4 /5

(Based on 33 votes)
[COLOR=#666666 !important]
  • Available Online

• Not Available In Store
[/COLOR]

Seeing that i already spent a lot of my hard earned $$$$ by going through a DFPRO, DFGT, G27, and a G25(which i'm currently using), I'm thinking seriously now about getting one of these next.

Upvote 0
I hope they sell it seperately. As for buying a wheel stand and a G25.. Well i think you missed the specs of this wheel :p

This wheel is comparable to wheels costing $2.000 for the wheel itself. To get pedals and a wheel for $599 is a bargain when you think about it. It uses HAL sensors which is indestructable because they don´t touch anything, it´s magnetic.

The accuracy blows every Logitech and Fanatec wheel like it´s nothing. I have mailed Thrustmaster today asking if they will sell it without the pedals at a lower price so it should be interesting to see.

This wheel seems to be flying under the radar for most people it seems. I can guarantee you that this will plays in it´s own league.
G25´s and G27´s are a joke compared to this wheel (yes i´ve owned both of them)

I even think G25´s are a joke compared to the Fanatec line. And i´m not that impressed by my V2 after the firmware update which seems to do more damage then good. FF turns on and off when you enter sessions in IRacing etc.

I can´t wait to get my hands on this wheel. This wheel is for sure something very special.

I bought my G25 5 years ago and it is still going strong :) why knock a product that is so reliable?

Upvote 0

Copy from InsideSimRacing:

"149 euro only the new wheel to apply on the T500 for the owners,
599 euros the integral T500 F1
avaible from 23 september"

It doesn't have led lights :( like the F1 steering wheel from Zeljko Roso!!!! And the dial in the middle is fake it doesn't even turn :( but i like it. Just wished they would put the led lights in it.

Upvote 0
Some news about shifter:

.....Calibration Software:

- An advanced calibration software application is also available in the "Software" section, enabling you to adjust electronic gear stroke settings and recalibrate the shifter as required.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=187&u=16178637
image_preview.php
[/URL][/IMG]
Analog mode:

The "ANALOG" tab is visible in the device's Control Panel. When checked, the axis located in the neutral row becomes a progressive axis, enabling you to emulate a Rally style handbrake (you can then pull the lever from position 3/4 to position 7/R to alter values progressively).

- PC compatible only
- Doesn't operate when the sequential shift plate is installed
- Can be recalibrated as required using the calibration software

Be careful! When the "ANALOG" tab is checked, this setting is automatically saved to the shifter's internal memory; to revert to the H (7+1) or Sequential (-/+) modes, or to connect the device to a PlayStation®3, the tab must be unchecked.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=188&u=16178637
image_preview.php
[/URL][/IMG]

So if buy 2 pieces you have shifter and handbrake :cool:

Upvote 0
Please explain, and which wheels $2000.00 plus would you compare it too.? And Why?....I am about to spend inexcess of that amount on a wheel....so your thoughts will be highly sort after and taken into consideration.

Well now that CSW Elite has arrived things are a bit different, the T500 is still a heck of wheel but if you have no problem with spending money then i would wait for the Clubsport Wheel from Fanatec.

I hope you are playing PC sims?

Upvote 0
Yes agreed, the ClubSportWheel is my last hope to a quailty wheel, but still have doubts with it...as in longevity. Plus if anyone can find the exact documented differences (if any) between the Elite and the Club as in the internals I would be interested. My instinct tells me they are identical internally. The wait for it...a better product... to come out after a product launch such as the Elite...is not winning me, but respected in their approach.

Yes, PC only....and only rFactor....and for now only ORSM.....

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years