new gpu problems

hi guys,

ive just upgraded my pc too the following.

ASUS gefore gtx 560
650watt pwer supply
4gig ram
quad core 2 processer
windows vist

since ive updated race 07 runs worse not better the graphics look jagged and fps drop in out of this world.
battlefield 3 runs and look so what could the problem be?

Did you select the correct resolution and stuff? That might help some. Also, the color depth (16 bit, 32bit) might help some.
Last, check the game settings in the game itself to see if there is something up there.

What graphics card did you have before you upgraded? Did you do a clean install of the new drivers including updating directX? Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers?What is the speed of the new CPU? What was the speed of the old one?

When you installed the CPU, did it get recognized correctly in the BIOS? What Windows are you running and how much graphics ram do you currently have? If you are running a 32bit version of Windows it could be that your new card is not allowing your Windows to use all the ram that it needs. This is usually the case with a graphics card with more than 1Gb of ram on it in Windows 32Bit.

The most important thing though is to be sure you reinstalled directx 9C after you installed your graphics driver.

previous set up :

nvidia gts 450
400 watt power unit
windows vista
2gb ram
quad core 2 processor ( that's not been touched)

and the new GPU has 1gb ram.
just changed the setting to medium and still it stutters and looks terrible and the worse track so far in brands hatch indy as i exit droids it almost locks up on me.. everytime!!

I would suggest reinstalling drivers from the GPU, and running DX9 again. That should do the trick. This really sounds like a driver / DX issue. All seems to be better, but performance is worse.

Try to download the latest version of the driver as well. Perhaps the one u installed now is not the correct one.

{edit}
I assume you did run the Race07 graphics config utillity?

When you start Race07, you get a popup asking what you want. Run Race07, competition mode and config. Select config there, and see if the choosen graphic options is indeed the correct card and settings.

optionsmy.png

Open steam, and go to the library as indicated above. Right click on the Race07 icon, and select the 2nd option, Video and language options.

Check it via that way :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing