New Gaming Rig ... maybe a dream but

The option in reality is either return and refund or stick with it and get the part myself (multinational organisation that doesn't really care) - as mentioned before getting stuff down here is kinda difficult at times, and postage costs often kills the deal in shipping stuff from elsewhere - by the time I do that, I could have probably have paid for the bracket :doh:

Bargain ... the H50 1156 bracket is back in stock at Corsair, so I just placed an order for it - cost of bracket, $0.00, cost of UPS shipping $5 to Portugal from US.

Nice one Corsair ... very impressed by this kind of customer service :thumb:

The 1156 bracket turned up for my H50 cooler a couple of days ago ... nice one Corsair. :thumb:

I installed it, which was a relatively simple and painless job with the help of the Corsair YouTube video, then switched my rig on and tested it ...
At stock speeds and idling, the CPU temp was damn near room temp ... roughly 23ºC, and under load it hardly broke into a sweat :O

So ... time to twiddle under the bonnet as it were ... I upped the clock speeds to 3.8Ghz and tested, temps all good, so I fiddled a bit more.
Right now its running solid as a rock at a rather heady 4Ghz ... and with Prime95 running for a good few hours, the max core temp readings were just 73ºC ... the "CPU temp" measured by many apps being a good 10ºC below this.

To put this into context. Prior to putting the H50 on I was running at the stock speed of 2.66Ghz with the standard Intel cooler on. When I put it under full load by running Prime95, the max core temps measured were 72ºC ... which is almost identical to what they are now running with a 50% overclock!!!

Impressed? I am ... :)
The mobo/psu/cpu/ram combination overclocks like an absolute dream, with only one lock up and hardly any effort to get me to 4Ghz ... (20 clock cycles @ 200Mhz)
BTW the 5770 goes from 600mhz to nearly 1000mhz no troubles ...

Eye for a bargain ... yup! ;-))

Quick update ... been running this rig for over 2 months now at 4.2Ghz without a hint of a blue screen or other overclocking issues.

Excellent set of components and if anyone is looking, can highly recommend copying this thing to get them a relatively cheap and extremely fast machine.
Thanks once more to all who helped with info and advice throughout this thread :wink:

its the most awsome freaking PC stuff you can get there have one too and i need some antifreez fluid on my cpu
to prefent ice build up lol it runs non oc'ed at 19° on normal use if i fire up a game it moves up to 22° cpu is a
e8400@ 3.0ghz on a Asus Rampage Formula .
if you can get that cooler dont even think twice for the price Corsair offers it, you will feel like you have stolen it

its the most awsome freaking PC stuff you can get there have one too and i need some antifreez fluid on my cpu
to prefent ice build up lol it runs non oc'ed at 19° on normal use if i fire up a game it moves up to 22° cpu is a
e8400@ 3.0ghz on a Asus Rampage Formula .
if you can get that cooler dont even think twice for the price Corsair offers it, you will feel like you have stolen it

doubt there that low, overclocking tests at hexus dont get it that low.

what chipset is the asus rampage?

H50 worth the money? been considering buying it just wasnt sure.

I think if you read back through this thread you will get the exact numbers of the core temps for what I say below (using Everest) ... but roughly speaking here is what I experienced with the H50.

My I5 at stock speeds (2.6Ghz) on the stock intel cooler was running in high 60's low 70's under load.
After bolting the H50 on after applying some arctic silver 5 paste and upping clocks massively to 4.2Ghz, I now run at the same temps under load.

BTW: Michael recently followed my lead and got a HAF932 and I will bet he does not regret it (I know I don't) ... this thing drags so much air in its silly (it does it quietly due to massive fans which turn slowly) ... so the temps he is talking about are maybe not internal core temps, but still they are probably very very low ... I know my internal core temps at idle are not much above ambient air temps ... roughly only 4 or 5 degrees from memory.

Draw your own conclusions but IMO you will not get an air cooler that will come close to matching this thing (either in performance or noise levels), and as its pretty much the same price as a decent air cooler its a bit of a no-brainer tbh :wink:

HAF932 is the ultimative PC case from Coolermaster its like a climatic unit in my room lol i have to wear winter socks while driving as
the airflow under my table makes the feets freez no joke on this ok i have these fan monitoring of so they run allways at 100% but even
with it on the airflow under my table is unbeliveable

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years