New File Added: Roy Hesketh v0.9 Beta

Roy Hesketh GTR2 / Power & Glory V.09 beta
Scratch Build by Paul Minnaar

This version of Roy Hesketh is based on era photo's from the 1950's to late 1960's - 1970's.

Roy Hesketh was one of only 2 purpose built road circuits in Natal, a coastal province on the East coast of South Africa, the other was Westmead in Durban. Other tracks in the province were generally street venues.

Work on the circuit started in 1951 after the city realised its street venue (Alexandra Park) races were no longer suitable.

Until its demise in 1981 due to the ever increasing pressure (READ: underhanded, short sighted, greedy fools) of urban development in Pietermaritzburg, Roy Hesketh was a famous and favourite venue for international series like the Springbok Series and the Easter races, which saw racers from around the world converge on Pietermaritzburg.

The circuit section from Henry's Knee all the way round Quarry down to BP and up Beacon, is part of a heritage site. So hopefully will never be touched again. In 2007, the section between the top of Beacon and Henry's Knee was joined with a hairpin and track days take place there now.

The outright lap record stands at 59.57 Seconds by John Love, which was set in 1969/70 F1.

On the inside of Quarry, I have placed a memorial plaque for my father, who's ashes were sprinkled there - He absolutely loved Roy Hesketh, and you can see why after a few laps there.

Please go take a look.

As this is Beta, there are bound to be a few hassles - I'd like feedback on fixing anything.

Pile up those laps, this is a great place to get stuck in. I did over 800 laps during testing and I'm still not bored with it :)

Cheers
Paul

hope this helps a bit....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back