The modelling of the track is terribly poor in this video. No blending between the surfaces, the corners are not smooth, the kerbs look like they have just been plonked on top of the grass and many many more issues

I’m definitely interested in a truck sim, but not this one I don’t think. It looks terribly sterile to me, unlike the video of the Brazilian truck racing someone posted. The fact that this will be available for the Nintendo Switch should be a warning sign I think. If anything, this has got me more hyped for AMS w in December!

Having watched the video again a few times I'm still left with some questions hanging about what direction this plans to take. I suspect it won't be an rF2 level sim, but if they keep it aimed at the F1201X type of sim - accessible level, then that's a pretty good ground on which to start.

Needless to say I've reached out to them anyway, so hopefully more info can be acquired, an interview or two and maybe even some pre release hands on action. I'll let you know how it goes!

P

I think it might be the AI driving... Least that's what I took from it. Looks quite similar to some other games when you go onboard with the AI. I seem to remember RF being a bit similar to how this looked, but not to this degree.

Having watched the video again a few times I'm still left with some questions hanging about what direction this plans to take. I suspect it won't be an rF2 level sim, but if they keep it aimed at the F1201X type of sim - accessible level, then that's a pretty good ground on which to start.

Needless to say I've reached out to them anyway, so hopefully more info can be acquired, an interview or two and maybe even some pre release hands on action. I'll let you know how it goes!

P
Thanks for that, Paul. While the focus here is on 'sims', RD has grown quite a bit in the relatively short time I've been visiting. Reaching out to more devs will hopefully alert them to the sizable contingent of potential customers looking for a more realistic approach to racing. Surely that's a good thing.

Interesting game and looks like fun. Really havent been into driving the Trucks on tracks in the racing games and have to see the after release reviews and discussions on Steam to see the reactions are to this game. Looking at the trucks in the game replay and a real live truck race, does this game make the trucks look longer than in real life truck races? I watched the one post in the comments of a real race. Dont look like the same length wheel bases.

Also need to see what wheel controller support they offer. What all the tracks are, and initial selling price is. I have VR, but that is not important, I think I can use 3D apps to do almost a VR effect if need be like Vorpx or Virtual Desktop for non VR games.

Have to look again, but I think one or two of my games already have trucks, not sure though, but maybe Rfactor 2, Assetto Corsa mods, or AMS 1 might have them. AMS 2 will be awesome also if they include trucks. I also see on Steam store there is a Formula Truck 2013 game which I have no plans on getting.

Note: did find a working Formula truck mod for Rfactor 2 which the game does work in VR. Assetto Corsa has a truck mod but with current updates, does not work for me. Plus AMS 1 has the trucks. So will give them a try also.

Last edited:
Damn they can move, but the smoke off them engines! The Earths temperature probably raises 0.1 degrees each time these trucks race. :)
It was wayyy worst before the speed traps. They got up to 240kph on the straights... madness.. Now if they go over 160kph, they have to serve a drive through. Also there are CO² sensors, if they go over the threshold it's another drive through.

A gameplay trailer and release date for the upcoming FIA European Truck Racing Championship videogame has been revealed today.

Developed by N-Racing and published by Bigben Games, the first official FIA ETRC videogame will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch this July 18th - in just 16 days time.

Utilising the established KT engine and benefitting from an official licence for the popular European Truck Racing Championship governed by the FIA, the new game is an exciting and interesting project that looks to bring the series to a brand new audience of racing game fans.

Celebrating the confirmation of July 18th as global release date for the new title, Bigben Games have released a brand new gameplay trailer from the title, really showing off the impressive graphics and very different driving experience to what racing fans will normally be accustomed to with other, more traditional titles.

FIA ETRC Gameplay Trailer.jpg

FIA ETRC will release for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch July 18th 2019.

To keep in touch with all the latest happenings regarding this very exciting new title, head over to the FIA ETRC sub forum for a place to go for all the news and discussions around this exciting new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 909406

FIA, PS4, XBOX, PC... too hard :D

Ok for the console... but for PC the Truck category or DLC in Automobilista 2 are certainly better.

I don't wait this FIA game even if it have licences, i like more Euro Truck Simulator.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back