New FFB Settings for Thrustmaster TX?

I'm not getting much good information through the wheel anymore. I feel a lot of resistance when I turn in, but the car feels like it plows straight on. Mid-corner, there's no variation in the force level, its all on. I tried changing the linearity, minimum forces, and bump forces. But before I spend hours on this trial and error, I'm wondering if anyone feels they've dialed in their TX wheel.

Ironically each car feels like its the same now, though the new models should have done the opposite.

Thanks, Ryan

Have you tried creating a new controller file?
Same wheel as you, mine felt really heavy after the update, so I deleted my old TX profile in game and made a new one...it felt better afterwards but still needed some tweaking to get there.
I followed this basic guide off the Sector3 forms and made a few tweaks to get a decent base.

Curious to what settings guys are running since the latest ffb update?

I've currently set my in-game setting up based on the suggested settings of your wheel on the right side of the ffb setup page.
With zero canned effects

Thrustmaster TX 4nm
TM Profile
75/100/100/100
900 degrees rotation

On-track testing the Audi R8 Evo, the overall ffb is extremely light and gives zero feel of braking or lateral body weight and loss of traction.
I just get this vague pulsating effect for bumps in a straight line.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I've added a small percentage of canned effects and found I had to crank the per car ffb, which helped a bit with the lightness. But comes at a cost of some small clipping when cornering, combined with hitting a curb or rumble strip. Braking feel and lateral grip is still a bit vague

Cheers

Last edited:
Edit: I've added a small percentage of canned effects and found I had to crank the per car ffb, which helped a bit with the lightness. But comes at a cost of some small clipping when cornering, combined with hitting a curb or rumble strip. Braking feel and lateral grip is still a bit vague

Cheers
Turn up the FFB linearity if you want to enhance the low forces without clipping.

Every game with "physical steering rack forces only" has a vague brake feel because those forces aren't felt through the steering wheel. RaceRoom is one of the worst in this aspect, you basically have to threshold brake based on tyre sounds only. I don't know what drives sim devs to design it like this, maybe they get a kickback from Fanatec selling more V3 pedals.

Turn up the FFB linearity if you want to enhance the low forces without clipping.

Every game with "physical steering rack forces only" has a vague brake feel because those forces aren't felt through the steering wheel. RaceRoom is one of the worst in this aspect, you basically have to threshold brake based on tyre sounds only. I don't know what drives sim devs to design it like this, maybe they get a kickback from Fanatec selling more V3 pedals.
Thanks for the tip!
I raised it up 5% and found it improved the braking/load feeling.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back