FM7 New FFB for Forza Motorsport 7 (WIP)

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hello, everyone!
I would like to share what I've been working on for a couple weeks now. It is a completely new FFB implementation based on Forza Motorsport 7 physics data which replaces FFB that is sent by the game itself.
This is part of a bigger update to Forza EmuWheel that I've been developing for quite a while now. I would like to thank TheBlue028 for demoing what we achieved so far:

Just to get you excited, i'm going to share what is planned for future releases of Forza EmuWheel:

1. Completely new FFB system (improved main forces, effects that are not present in stock FFB. Some effects will now be dynamic, for example the effect when driving on curbs will be speed dependent unlike in stock FFB.).
1.1 Tremendous amount of FFB parameters that can be tweaked to achieve the feel you want.
1.2. Separate FFB profiles for each car that are automatically activated when selecting a car in game.

2. Automatic per car DOR switching and soft locking. Yes, you will be able to set your wheel to maximum DOR and EmuWheel will adjust everything automatically as soon as you change your car in menu. You will still be able to adjust and save values for each car if you are not satisfied with values we provide.

3. Support for every wheel (and every device that is recognized by Windows as a controller) out there in Forza Motorsport 7. That includes all Direct Drive wheels. In fact this is already working, I have quite a few OSW users who currently enjoy FM7 with stock FFB.

4. Best of all, it' s completely FREE!

If you have any questions, suggestions, would like to request a feature or just follow the development of Forza Emuwheel, feel free to visit my discord server: https://discord.gg/8vC2zvz

Regards,
FirstPlatoLV

now that FM7 works again on my PC, I am only able to use the Logitech pedals that are connected to my G25 wheel, if I try using my CSR LC pedals via the USB cable, nothing happens, while my TH8A USB works fine, so will Emuwheel allow me to connect all three devices and have them work? they all work fine in other titles,
and I will get improved force feedback as a bonus??

From my experience, physics are more than adequate and not exactly arcade like. There are some problems here and there, but nothing major. I challenge those who claim that physics are bad/problematic to make their case, backed up by some data. Granted, we do not have access to game source code, but everyone now can access the telemetry data, take samples of it and do analysis. I can almost assure that 90% of people who make statements about how arcade/simulation like physics are, haven't actually done any research. My case will be made with the new version of EmuWheel.
I'm pretty sure the current FFB implementation is the most serious problem which when overriden by new EmuFFB, is much better. EmuFFB calculates from the physics data that is available from DATA OUT, which is sending some data about current physics state of the game.
So, if one can make much better FFB from the same input data, then it is likely that the game FFB is bad, not the input data.

yea so I figure any improvement is good,
Forza is good for collecting, tuning, upgrading, and painting cars, then just goofing around with them
If You have possibilities to play pC2, which is simcade You know, u'r wrong. Is FM7 much more sim from physics side as pC ever was, as many more simkade games ever was. Painting - i doo nothing with, I search one, what I like, little upgrades and..GO! Without ABS, TC, SC, GA it's really hard to drive with some cars. And...What is more important - Focus RS from the feeling is the same car as I have...First time I drive with my virtual car and is almost the same...So?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back