New FFB and other updates

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

i’m in a similar boat, i haven’t bothered to invest in RRE yet because no matter what i do, the FFB sucks on my T300 .
I can make it drivable, but not grin with enjoyment worthy like i can get with Ams2 .
so it hinges on this update.
well a person like you would be pleasantly surprised then. the force feedback update was amazing. its a dynamic contact patch and 6 point tyre model.

i am not sure why you are taking every opportunity to mention auto 2. its not a game that is played a whole lot nor has the clout in the community to poke its head up as much as people try to make it so. As of right this moment it has 180 concurrent players. and 24 hour peak of 305

its now no where near the quality and quantity of raceroom, even before this update and now after it - its been left in the dust. the force feedback is second to none now. in fact the auto 2 force feed back is now more canned than the rrre stuff was previously!

its night and day now. I tried my little heart out to change the auto 2 force feedback by looking at all the custom files I could and changing them, however the engine just doesn't have what it takes. the files need a full re work. even the dino mustard file was not good enough but it did tighten things up.

its only once using dino mustard that I see since its the tightest file for my wheel, that race room is currently 10 times the game auto 2 is.

I do not think auto 2 can get close to what race room is doing. I know its a wider game supposedly in terms of what it tries to do, but the driving model is ages away, maybe years even and they gave themselves until the end of 22.

Rather than spend our lives talking about an inferior title; this is a race room thread so I will close with saying wow about the race room update. It was an absolutely home run!

Nothng in the rcs to tweak

Andi

This was interesting because in the update notes they say its absolutely not necessary. its a really modern implementation seems. Having tried it, its definitely not necessary to do any such thing I believe. 100%

Last edited:
Has the sound that the tires make when they go over the rumble strips/ curbing, always sound like that? I don't remember it being so enjoyable. To me, R3Es sounds seemed to have 2 speeds. The fast buzz, and then a lower speed sound. After the update, I can hear the tire claps (for lack of a better term) increase or decrease in frequency as the speed of the car changes. I could be mistaken or this is something I just never paid attention to. Anyone else notice this?

i play with a fanatec csl elite ps4 and the new ffb feels mediocre and bad
any suggestions on what to change or maybe delete any old folder not messing with the new ffb ?
a lot of people says its very good but to me feels garbage

Last edited:
well a person like you would be pleasantly surprised then. the force feedback update was amazing. its a dynamic contact patch and 6 point tyre model.

i am not sure why you are taking every opportunity to mention auto 2. its not a game that is played a whole lot nor has the clout in the community to poke its head up as much as people try to make it so. As of right this moment it has 180 concurrent players. and 24 hour peak of 305

its now no where near the quality and quantity of raceroom, even before this update and now after it - its been left in the dust. the force feedback is second to none now. in fact the auto 2 force feed back is now more canned than the rrre stuff was previously!

its night and day now. I tried my little heart out to change the auto 2 force feedback by looking at all the custom files I could and changing them, however the engine just doesn't have what it takes. the files need a full re work. even the dino mustard file was not good enough but it did tighten things up.

its only once using dino mustard that I see since its the tightest file for my wheel, that race room is currently 10 times the game auto 2 is.

I do not think auto 2 can get close to what race room is doing. I know its a wider game supposedly in terms of what it tries to do, but the driving model is ages away, maybe years even and they gave themselves until the end of 22.

Rather than spend our lives talking about an inferior title; this is a race room thread so I will close with saying wow about the race room update. It was an absolutely home run!

This was interesting because in the update notes they say its absolutely not necessary. its a really modern implementation seems. Having tried it, its definitely not necessary to do any such thing I believe. 100%

I wouldn't bring player numbers into this: Raceroom 1221 players, Assetto corsa 7645 players. So that does what to your point. I think I can conclude that Assetto corsa has the quantity and apparently by concensus has the quality too going by your argument.

I wouldn't bring player numbers into this: Raceroom 1221 players, Assetto corsa 7645 players. So that does what to your point. I think I can conclude that Assetto corsa has the quantity and apparently by concensus has the quality too going by your argument.
He's just salty he got banned from the AMS2 forums for incoherent rambling and trolling :D

i play with a fanatec csl elite ps4 and the new ffb feels mediocre and bad
any suggestions on what to change or maybe delete any old folder not messing with the new ffb ?
a lot of people says its very good but to me feels garbage

You can try to delete the RR under Documents/My Games/SimBin and start with fresh files. Worked for some people with that issue...

I have only used Raceroom since the ffb upgrade and must applaud RR on what as far as I am concermed as the #BestFFEver
I use
RF
RF2
Iracing
AC
ACC

RR's system is very effective in giving you the tools to get the best out of your ffb
I use Simucube 1 and a small mite

• Deleted member 197115

I use Simucube 1 and a small mite
1627428675705.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years