New FFB and other updates

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting stuff. Can't say I'm looking forward to the new FFB release though. The amount of arguing and whining it'll generate within R3E communities will be... intense.

Oh, and those sparks look really cool. :)

• Deleted member 197115

No more than current whining about 100 different confusing settings which even accordingly to dev "don't deliver what they promise"
6. Too many sliders in the FFB options menu, some of them making promises the FFB could not deliver
It's a very welcome change, really looking forward to it, end user shouldn't be in position deciding how much vertical or lateral FFB effect he wants, it's a job of physics engine.

No more than current whining about 100 different confusing settings which even accordingly to dev "don't deliver what they promise"
Where? Oh that's right... pretty much nowhere. It is what it is, it's been that way for a long time, and those that can enjoy a sim without crying every five minutes just get on with it.

My point was that the moment FFB is changed in any way whatsoever, the cycle of whinging and whining begins all over again for the next year or so. That's what I'm not looking forward to, regardless of how I personally feel about the changes that are made.

It's a very welcome change, really looking forward to it, end user shouldn't be in position deciding how much vertical or lateral FFB effect he wants, it's a job of physics engine.
For you, not everybody. As usual it's a case of "each to their own". Just because you prefer something it does not make it the "best" approach. Less sliders, less options, less customisation, less personalisation. Some people like to be able to tailor the FFB exactly as they like with all the bells and whistles, even if you don't.

The simple answer here isn't to remove choice. It's to make default profiles which the beta-testers like on given wheels, which the end-user is under no obligation to change if they can't be bothered to. Because nobody is forcing anyone to touch those sliders, especially if they have no idea what they're doing.

Oh right... that's what they already do. :rolleyes:

• Deleted member 197115

I think studio has made its choice, whether you like it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

And I think neither of us have any idea what they're actually doing, so we'll see won't we?
I wouldn't call quite elaborate blog on changes a "no idea what they are doing, there is a big wall of text hidden under spoiler if you click on it. But yeah, June (target release date) is just around the corner, so we'll see, beta testers probably have it already, but can't disclose under NDA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call quite elaborate blog on changes a "no idea what they are doing, there is a big wall of text hidden under spoiler if you click on it.
Yes, I read it thanks. But a long "wall of text" on the principles of FFB, how it works now, and how they want it to work after the changes does very little to explain how it will look and feel to the end-user does it? Most people probably won't have any idea what all that gumph is even going on about, assuming they can spare the time to read it at all. (People seem too busy to read anything more than a couple of sentences long these days.)

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. Differences aside, I'm also looking forward to seeing what they do. Just not to the endless debate on it afterwards. :sleep:

For you, not everybody. As usual it's a case of "each to their own". Just because you prefer something it does not make it the "best" approach. Less sliders, less options, less customisation, less personalisation. Some people like to be able to tailor the FFB exactly as they like with all the bells and whistles, even if you don't.

The simple answer here isn't to remove choice. It's to make default profiles which the beta-testers like on given wheels, which the end-user is under no obligation to change if they can't be bothered to. Because nobody is forcing anyone to touch those sliders, especially if they have no idea what they're doing.

Oh right... that's what they already do. :rolleyes:

I assume there will still be bunch of numbers in the .rcs files to tinker with even once the GUI sliders are gone, for when the new FFB inevitably doesn't feel good out of the box.

i’m in a similar boat, i haven’t bothered to invest in RRE yet because no matter what i do, the FFB sucks on my T300 .
I can make it drivable, but not grin with enjoyment worthy like i can get with Ams2 .
so it hinges on this update.
same here
i used to play with a T150 and the last year with a fanatec csl elite
the FFB wasnt so good and it felt weird sometimes
i m sure now we gonna have a winner
raceroom has a lot of content ,so a new fresh good FFB similiar to AMS1 would be a game changer

Can you add a tick box for old FFB and New FFB , Until we adjust to the new feel or some may like the old FFB better? This way you won't lose old customer and while you gain new customer.
Given the way FFB works I don't think this is likely. Even if they did, after the introduction of the new FFB they won't support the old FFB at all, so everyone will have to switch eventually. Best to just get it done and let people adapt, rather than leave an unsupported system around which people will inevitably report issues with that will never get fixed. Given that many sim racers play more than one sim, I don't think adapting to something different will be too painful.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 158 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%