New Features added

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The forum update of today brought a couple of new features that you might like:
  • Selective quoting of message. You can use the good old trusted way of quoting or.... do selective quoting: simply highlight a piece of text and insert it into a quote :) (can even quote from entire different forum posts)
  • Online status indicator. You post avatar now shows a green light when you are online. Handy to see if friends are online.
  • New options to create polls, try them :)
  • Status update box on the forum main page where your latest profile posts are shown.
  • Many more smaller improvements you'll discover by actively participating on the forums :thumbsup:
  • New prefixes for modding forums. You can now quick select and filter modding categories by their prefix. The different categories are highlighted above the modding threads. Of course for a better overview use the downloads section instead.
  • Box showing latest submitted videos and photos (note to self and @Dave Stephenson we need to optimize the images)

Last edited:
We have installed the newest version of software for the Videos & Photos section. Probably no noticeable changes for users but a ton of improvements under the hood.

The slow loading social media icons have been replaced with responsive units that fit the xenforo software better. These icons should work flawless on both pc, tablets and mobile devices.

Temporary blanpain endurance background removed. We will soon start a community competition for a wallpaper of the month so you can have your favorite one showing ;)

@Kjell Eilertsen
emilia-clarke-desktop-background-500246.jpg

I gotta admit, I really like the new look for forum moderators, now the alerts bar is in the same bar as the report bar, before it was sort of "invisible". Great job on that RD! :thumbsup:

Up and down scroll buttons are temporily disable to see if there is an improvement in performance without running that piece of javascript.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Forum is running the latest version of the software since last night.

@Jimlaad43 User message counts are listed under your profile page.
I know what it is, but posts in the Forum Games section no longer add to the totals, which is quite unfair on a bunch of users who almost exclusively post there. I just want it to be put back, as no one has given a good enough reason for why it was turned off yet.

Oh right. From what I understand post counts for that forum were disabled as they inflate the post count of users, and therefore the member list rankings. Your post count isn't a trophy or a goal, and we'd like it to be there to show users who participate in constructive discussion the most - rather than to elevate users who only spend time in fast threads in the forum games area. It's not a place to play forum games and enjoy yourself, not spam your way to a huge post count.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%