New Fantasy Mixed Track "Circuito d'Italia"

Tracks New Fantasy Mixed Track "Circuito d'Italia" 1.00

Login or Register an account to download this content
Protar submitted a new resource:

New Fantasy Mixed Track "Circuito d'Italia" - GTR2 Track "Circuito d'Italia"

A few days ago I decided to create a circuit that included the most beautiful sections of the Italian tracks.
After a few attempts, mainly due to the differences in altitude, I arrived at this configuration which I think is really very beautiful.
A mix of fast and slow sections with beautiful turns. I think it is wonderful to have a circuit with the two turns of Lesmo, Rivazza, Arrabbiata and Cimini. After many updates, the track is fully functional, even if the entrance and exit of the pits...

Read more about this resource...

Great work here. I forgot to mention in my review the graphics are clean and good looking DX9 graphics.

I think it'd be super cool if you were to put in little hints or easter eggs trackside around the corners that perhaps make them look a little bit like as if you were at that corner at the namesake track.

Like, maybe on that Monza corner chicane with the stands, adding extra trees and barriers close on the sides, or putting in buildings or landmarks on the side that are at the real track.

How about a Senna tribute at his corner at Imola?

Could be a real surreal experience with just some hints thrown around those corners to make it seem like you're racing through one track to another.

Great work, keep it up!

Hi!

I wanna ask if maybe you can take a look on my idea to merge two Monza tracks together and then have the ultimate classic Monza track with old layout and ads plus the famous steep banks part. Alright here they are and I think many will like that be done - if it can which I dunno. Thx for looking!

Hi!

I wanna ask if maybe you can take a look on my idea to merge two Monza tracks together and then have the ultimate classic Monza track with old layout and ads plus the famous steep banks part. Alright here they are and I think many will like that be done - if it can which I dunno. Thx for looking!

Good quality tracks. I don't have track modding skills but would be great to have a vintage combo.

I actually meant the guy who posted this track but nevermind. I hope that a lotta people will notice this idea and that maybe it will be a thing one day. Since we also have a F1-1961 Mod this would be even more worthwhile. ;-)

Protar updated New Fantasy Mixed Track "Circuito d'Italia" with a new update entry:

finished circuit

Version 0.95

- the pit lane is final
- added start lights and pit in / out lights
- changed several textures

The circuit is now complete in all its parts and fully functional. Now I am dedicating myself to adding objects all along the path.

Please report malfunctioning problems to me so that I can modify them in the final version that I will release shortly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I actually meant the guy who posted this track but nevermind. I hope that a lotta people will notice this idea and that maybe it will be a thing one day. Since we also have a F1-1961 Mod this would be even more worthwhile. ;-)
Sorry, I'm new and I don't know the racedepartment site well and I didn't notice your question. I've only seen it now. tomorrow if I can take a look at the files you posted. Hello and thanks.

Great work here. I forgot to mention in my review the graphics are clean and good looking DX9 graphics.

I think it'd be super cool if you were to put in little hints or easter eggs trackside around the corners that perhaps make them look a little bit like as if you were at that corner at the namesake track.

Like, maybe on that Monza corner chicane with the stands, adding extra trees and barriers close on the sides, or putting in buildings or landmarks on the side that are at the real track.

How about a Senna tribute at his corner at Imola?

Could be a real surreal experience with just some hints thrown around those corners to make it seem like you're racing through one track to another.

Great work, keep it up!
Thanks for the suggestions, I had already started to distinguish the tracks with the colors of the asphalt, then I inserted the bridges with the advertisements in the exact points of each circuit, I placed the house to the right of the climb before the high variant of Imola. Unfortunately the Senna curve is the "Tamburello" and in my track there isn't. However I will try to insert more in such a way as to make the various traits even more recognizable. Ciao

I have noticed a problem in 0.95 version, some cars fail to get out of the pits in the test and qualifying sessions. Does it happen to you too? Tomorrow I will look for a solution. Thank you

Hi!

I took a look at the circuits you sent me, I understand what you want to do, but I am absolutely unable to do such a thing. What I did for my circuit is different, I started from zero with the csv points of the tracks and I rebuilt the graphics and objects. I don't know how to join two already finished circuits. I hope someone else can help you develop your idea which I think is really beautiful! Ciao

Protar updated New Fantasy Mixed Track "Circuito d'Italia" with a new update entry:

Final version of "Circuito d'Italia"

Fixed all the problems of version 0.95 except that of AI cars not starting immediately when the start lights off (is there anyone who can help me with this problem?)

- Completed the graphics and landscapes of all sectors of the circuit
- The starting straight has been widened

Personally I have not encountered any problems, please report them to me in case they emerge.

Thanks everyone and have fun.

I will post version 1.00 when I can solve the starting traffic lights problem (please help...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I really like the latest version! The extra detail objects, bridges, trackside objects, crowds, really do a lot to bring it to life! I think it needs a little optimization for FPS, though. AI had some trouble on the first lap and ran out of fuel at the end of the 2nd of 3 laps, not sure if that's a track thing or a car thing (it's a GT4 mod).

One issue is the wide swaths on either side of the tracks. Because you don't have a lot of objects very close to the track, things visually pass by slower making you feel like you're driving slow. If you minimized the run off area, brought trees in close, or other objects, it would give the sensation of whipping through a tight race track. Maybe add some tyres or stewards and steward boxes closer to the track. Objects like htat.

Take this late sector section of Road America for example. It becomes very tight and the sensation of speed is incredible:

I know it might be a lot of work and you've done incredibly well so far so don't worry too much but sense of speed can really lend to a sense of enjoyment.

I really like the latest version! The extra detail objects, bridges, trackside objects, crowds, really do a lot to bring it to life! I think it needs a little optimization for FPS, though. AI had some trouble on the first lap and ran out of fuel at the end of the 2nd of 3 laps, not sure if that's a track thing or a car thing (it's a GT4 mod).

One issue is the wide swaths on either side of the tracks. Because you don't have a lot of objects very close to the track, things visually pass by slower making you feel like you're driving slow. If you minimized the run off area, brought trees in close, or other objects, it would give the sensation of whipping through a tight race track. Maybe add some tyres or stewards and steward boxes closer to the track. Objects like htat.

Take this late sector section of Road America for example. It becomes very tight and the sensation of speed is incredible:

I know it might be a lot of work and you've done incredibly well so far so don't worry too much but sense of speed can really lend to a sense of enjoyment.
Thanks, for fuel consumption I think I have found the problem and solved it. I will post an update soon, I apologize to everyone, but as mentioned, this is the first time that I built a circuit. Sensation of speed and the fps they are more challenging and I will have to work hard on it.

Protar submitted a new resource:

New Fantasy Mixed Track "Circuito d'Italia" - GTR2 Track "Circuito d'Italia"

Read more about this resource...
I congratulate you, for being your first track you did a great job, I'm Italian and so I'm glad.
Maybe I would have put the tricolor rumbles, you can find them in the TEX directory of my WGTEMonza2017 version on Trackaholics.
ice_screenshot_20210620-183336.jpeg

I congratulate you, for being your first track you did a great job, I'm Italian and so I'm glad.
Maybe I would have put the tricolor rumbles, you can find them in the TEX directory of my WGTEMonza2017 version on Trackaholics

Maybe I would have put the tricolor rumbles, you can find them in the TEX directory of my WGTEMonza2017 version on Trackaholics.
View attachment 483011
Thanks, i'll think about for a new update.

Thanks, i'll think about for a new update.
With this code in the GDB file we can adjust the grip and irregularity of the tarmac. Above all, the rumbles seemed a little dangerous to me, now it's a little better.

RoadDryGrip = 1.03
AIDryGrip = 1.03
RoadWetGrip = 0.88
AIWetGrip = 0.88
PlayerTireWear = 1.0
FrontTireHeatMult = 1.00
RearTireHeatMult = 1.00
RoadmetalGrip=0.80
RoadDustGrip=0.90
RoadBumpAmp=0.010
RoadBumpLen=13.0
RumbleDryGrip=1.05