New Fanatec V3 Peds: Questions About Customizing Their Feel.....

I just got my new Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals and have been using them "out of the box". Now, I'd like to customize their feel a bit and that leads me to a few questions.

1. Before plugging the peds in for the first time, I downloaded and installed Driver version 3.28. (My OS is Windows 10 - 64 bit). I was able to access the "properties" page of the peds and set min and max settings. But now, when I try to re-access the "properties" page I only get properties choices for my G29 wheel (even though I click on "FANATEC Clubsport V3 Pedals". IOW, Windows sees the peds, they work in my sims, but I can no longer get to the "properties" page. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the driver, but still have the problem. Anyone have an idea on what to try? There is a second 64 bit driver available for download on the website (Version 3.11). Should I try that?

2. I would also like to dial in the feel of the brake pedal as much as possible without spending more $$$ on the performance kit etc. The PDF manual is a bit confusing to me, so:

a) Can the brake be stiffened up simply by simply turning the red Brake "pre-load" screw? Or should I avoid doing this until I get my first problem solved (see #1 above)?
b) How much have you guys stiffened your brake ped from its out-of-the-box setting?
c) Was there a specific procedure you used in getting the physical "catch point" of the brake pedal to match your in-sim settings (ie - deadzone, sensitivity, gamma, etc), particularly in AC? In other words, how did you determine that it finally "just felt right"?

Are there any links or videos online that address any of these questions?

Any help with any of these questions would be greatly appreciated!

I’m not sure why you would be able to see the Pedals in the usb window and not get to the calibration section. But you definitely want to get there before you change the red adjustment knob on the pedal. Once you adjust that knob - you’ll need to recalibrate your min/max settings in that USB advanced window.

I’m still tweaking the feel (AND my ability to put that feel to good use). But it’s trial and error for the feel until you get what you need. I’ve got the brake feeling decent with a few turns of the adjust knob so far. The gas feels a bit loose to me. Might need to try the other spring.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing