New F1 wheel from the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 17730
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17730

• Deleted member 17730

Russel Hodgson has revealed his Z1 Sim Wheel, a customizable F1-look addon wheel for Logitech’s G25/G27 and the Thomas Superwheel.

Below are photos of a first prototype, the wheel will be available in a few weeks starting at around $400. The Z1 Sim Wheel website will allow customers to customize their wheel as buyers can choose from various options regarding the features and used materials, influencing the final price.

The wheel is compatible to all major simulations and comes with plenty of features as listed below.

Features

- SLI-Pro display
- Up to 14 buttons
- Up to 6 rotary switches
- Paddle shifters
- Clutch paddles (using Hall effect sensors)
- USB Connection to your computer
- Suede, rubber or plastic grips
- Carbon Fiber front panel​

That is just the beginning. You'll see people on this site with motion simulators, custom wheels, custom pedals and more. Sim racing is almost as expensive as owning a real car (without the insurance). :p

Ha Ha, your right in a way, but its not the just the insurance costs is it? Its the GAS.... ughh, The TIRES, The Track Time, the gas to the track, the brakes, the spanner man to fix it, the repair bills (an you might think you are good but you will hit that wall / other car / they hit you / = BILL!

Sim racing is CHEAP compaired to the real thing. I know people who do £800 worth of tires in an hour...
Now thats Expensive.

When you buy sim stuff, buy the best you can, then you wont hagve to replace them for a long time / ever...

I'll be sim racing as long as I can see and hold a wheel.

My 10pence worth.

George

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Ha Ha, your right in a way, but its not the just the insurance costs is it? Its the GAS.... ughh, The TIRES, The Track Time, the gas to the track, the brakes, the spanner man to fix it, the repair bills (an you might think you are good but you will hit that wall / other car / they hit you / = BILL!

Sim racing is CHEAP compaired to the real thing. I know people who do £800 worth of tires in an hour...
Now thats Expensive.

When you buy sim stuff, buy the best you can, then you wont hagve to replace them for a long time / ever...

I'll be sim racing as long as I can see and hold a wheel.

My 10pence worth.

George
Very true. I forgot about all the other stuff. This is why I am interested in Sim Racing over real racing (I do race go-karts though).

Upvote 0
Just checked out the "Show Your Cockpit" thread. Holy !#$% !. I'am absolutely blown away with some of the setups you all have. The motion rigs are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D. Because my Gf plays Race with me, I showed her some of the cockpit setups and to my surprise she said "When you getting one?" :D . I almost cried in happieness.:wink: Well I have the OK the get a Play Seat setup so the search begins. Unfortunately Playseats are not a easy find in Vancouver though. Might consider just designing one out of wood and my friend has a spare seat from his Skyline. He also has the necessary woodworking equipment in his garage.

Upvote 0
Nothing wrong with making one yourself out of wood. I have seen some pretty impressive rigs made from scratch out of wood. Just be sure to get all your measurements down or leave room for adjustments on the build, especially if the girlfriend is going to be using it too.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Nothing wrong with making one yourself out of wood. I have seen some pretty impressive rigs made from scratch out of wood. Just be sure to get all your measurements down or leave room for adjustments on the build, especially if the girlfriend is going to be using it too.
Or metal like Chad Smith did. :)

Upvote 0
Or metal like Chad Smith did. :)

Metal, I would have to pay for. As for the wood my friend already has 6 1/2inch thick 4x8 sheets of particle board. He says I can have it. for a seat, I can have my friends spare R32 GTR seat which I will mount with original rails so I can move seat back and forth. Only thing is seat has a bad rip right where you sit on it, I can figure something out for that. Have to start designing this in next few weeks.

Upvote 0
Just checked out the "Show Your Cockpit" thread. Holy !#$% !. I'am absolutely blown away with some of the setups you all have. The motion rigs are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D. Because my Gf plays Race with me, I showed her some of the cockpit setups and to my surprise she said "When you getting one?" :D . I almost cried in happieness.:wink: Well I have the OK the get a Play Seat setup so the search begins. Unfortunately Playseats are not a easy find in Vancouver though. Might consider just designing one out of wood and my friend has a spare seat from his Skyline. He also has the necessary woodworking equipment in his garage.

Since you are in Canada try this site (http://smoketronics.com/index.html) and click for CDN prices for playseats, which are way over priced IMO. Or you can get an Obutto, a much better rig. I have the Obutto with triple displays right now and I had the Playseats Evo before that. Unforntunetly the CDN distributor account (http://www.getgadget.ca/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi) has been suspended at this pt in time, but you can prob check with the main Obutto site for alternatives.

Upvote 0
Since you are in Canada try this site (http://smoketronics.com/index.html) and click for CDN prices for playseats, which are way over priced IMO. Or you can get an Obutto, a much better rig. I have the Obutto with triple displays right now and I had the Playseats Evo before that. Unforntunetly the CDN distributor account (http://www.getgadget.ca/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi) has been suspended at this pt in time, but you can prob check with the main Obutto site for alternatives.
Hey thanks for link. The prices are kind of high. But with our dollar being near par with U.S currency,it's not worth the effort to drive down to Seattle to buy. Another thing, i've been asked by my GF to wait till my birthday in September.( i think she is going to buy or part pay for seat :D)i think i need to marry my girl lol! I think i'll go for the white setup. I also like the 24hr delivery!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years