F1 2010 New F1 section please?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Well seen as we have mods/setups/requests etc, I was just thinking that maybe it could be viable to have a section for actually track guides?

I have seen a few people asking for specific track vids, I myself have actually needed a couple, Was wondering if maybe this could be done thats if current players want to add their knowledge of course.

You know Jason has a point, watching vids of tracks and having a written description of how certain people get through situations a track throws at you could be helpful for some (my self included). But like Bram says there has to be a well used thread about it to warrant it's own sticky.

hmm the two tracks in career so far im good at are bahrain and melbourne but being in a low end team i only managed 1 58 (bahrain) and 1 28 (melbourne)

Not sure if I could really add to it, especially when sometimes I have to release throttle due to crap throttle control on my pad.

Bram is right though unless we get more interest I doubt a sub would be viable, its a shame though it really is needed especially on tricky tracks.

Well start a thread then Jason something like 'Idiots Guide to Tracks' or something. I am no Schumacher but I reckon I could input something, and don't let times stop you mate as they will vary throughout your career and be on par with most, TT time's are unrealistic and its for arcadey fun !

If people start to post problem tracks or problems on tracks people WILL advise its in there nature and we like to help each other here. Suggest tutorial videos of certain corners or tracks, the list is really endless. I reckon you may get a good response to it mate !

Well start a thread then Jason something like 'Idiots Guide to Tracks' or something. I am no Schumacher but I reckon I could input something, and don't let times stop you mate as they will vary throughout your career and be on par with most, TT time's are unrealistic and its for arcadey fun !

If people start to post problem tracks or problems on tracks people WILL advise its in there nature and we like to help each other here. Suggest tutorial videos of certain corners or tracks, the list is really endless. I reckon you may get a good response to it mate !

Not so sure mate, just saw someone post a 1 55 on bahrain setup thread in a lotus with ramons setup.

thats like 3 seconds faster than mine.....either hes in lotus on second season or somethings seriously wrong lol

Most times in the setup section are TT mate and they are really unrealistic (impossible in real life at the moment). I find them helpful for an initial setup but with tyre ware on they are no good in career races (most). So don't let that put you off, even I get okay times in TT and I am crap lol.

Many players of many abilities reside here and all would find a section like this very useful of that I am sure, myself included. If I had the time I would use your idea myself. It would be a good place for even seasoned driver's to give advice and for people to post how-to vid's of sections and corners.

Fuel simulation on adds so much time. Once I was getting pole for every race of the season on hard difficulty (except Japan I think) and I added traction control off and fuel simulation on... now I only managed one pole position out of 7 races.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%