F1 2018 New F1 2018 Update Released

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Update 1.12.jpg

Another small update to F1 2018 has arrived - releasing to PC immediately and console updates set to follow in the coming days...

Credit where credit is due - Codemasters have shown considerable improvement in the engagement and development stakes with F1 2018 this year, clearly listening to the fans and continually looking to bring enhancements and improvements to what started out life as a very solid and robust entry into the Formula One racing game franchise.

This approach seems to be paying off handsomely for the developers this year, with the studio now seemingly making up some of the lost ground of recent releases in the eyes of the paying public, and helping to move Codemasters back towards the forefront of racing game development, a position in the marketplace that Codemasters appear to have let slip in recent releases.

Having taken time to once again review and update the latest Formula One game from the British development team, fans can now download the new version 1.12 of F1 2018 when they next restart their Steam client. Although not particularly spectacular in either size or content, the new build does address some important areas that needed further attention, and will be welcomed especially by those looking to make the most of the robust broadcasting features of the new title.

Due to the usual approvals process delays, build 1.12 will be released for Xbox One and PS4 slightly later, with an expected deployment to the console versions of F1 2018 thought to be landing later this week.

F1 2018 Build 1.12 Notes:
  • Invalidated lap times will no longer be incorrectly set back to valid when returning to the garage.
  • Added new PC anti cheat.
  • Improvements to the Safety Car behaviour when it’s deployed to the track.
  • Broadcast speech will now play correctly after all sessions.
  • Stopped spectators seeing the garage for a frame followed by the car on track for a frame causing a nasty flicker when spectating OSQ.
  • Rebalanced Rank and Safety Rating calculations.

Not got the game yet? Why not check out our early review of the title below, and see if that can help sway your decision!

F1 2018 is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Happy with the progress made in F1 2018 so far? Noticed any issues you would like Codemasters to address in the next update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I was hoping for a contract fix...
my team keep changing my contract even when it's not the contract negotiation time ...
i have signed a contract , expected 12 in quali, 13 in race but the race after signing it my contract changed to 12 in quali , 2nd in race ! and it remains for one weekend to *** my reputation with the team and next weekend it will be fixed!

I'm pretty sure sales tanked due to the halo so there's not much reason to rush to get updates out.
From some site: "sales are 42% lower than last year's entry" (UK sales I think)

I'd be surprised if it was due to the halo, 95% of players use arcade t-cam view (including the pro-drafters with the F1 teams). So the halo shouldn't affect them. The game is harder on pro settings though, maybe youtube videos of the best players struggling with it when it came out has put people off.

But did they make the McLaren and Williams even slower like in real life?
It was done in previous updates (for Mclaren it was a deep dive, especially in term of chassis) lol and it affect you even if you are in the middle of your career, that was bad! :Dupgrading the ***of the car and just by an update your upgraded car lose it performance in the middle of the weekend , you were great at FP1 and terrible in FP2 lol
but i still think they should be lower in term of aero too

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite racing games ever (it's too much fun to waste any time debating sim vs simcade - I just wanna lap and have a great time), but a couple things I'd like to see:

- ability to turn off mid-season contract negotiations in career mode. I understand why the feature exists (gives the player thr ability to do a condensed career) and they should definitely keep it, but give those of us who would rather play out a "realistic" career (with few, if any, mid-season movement) that option.

- The classic content is great, but give us a time trial leaderboard per car. Having a 4 decade span of cars all mixed together on the same leaderboard is kinda weird, I think. For bonus points, what I'd really like to see is for them to whip up some year-appropriate dummy cars (of various performance specs) to race against. For example, if I could run against a full field of '07 dummy cars (fake liveries, teams, etc) in the 2007 Ferrari - that would open up all sorts of fun options it would seem (like the ability to do a historical career mode going back as far as '72 - that would be incredible).

I'd be surprised if it was due to the halo, 95% of players use arcade t-cam view (including the pro-drafters with the F1 teams). So the halo shouldn't affect them. The game is harder on pro settings though, maybe youtube videos of the best players struggling with it when it came out has put people off.
I can't stand "sim racing" youtubers who use the T-cam, they spend video upon video talking about realism and what is lacking in games etc etc and then use an unrealistic view to gain an advantage

I can't stand "sim racing" youtubers who use the T-cam, they spend video upon video talking about realism and what is lacking in games etc etc and then use an unrealistic view to gain an advantage
Totally agree. It's a cheat in all reality. You can see better and further than those who choose cockpit. They are obviously not skilled enough to use the cockpit view.:thumbsup:

This is one of my favorite racing games ever (it's too much fun to waste any time debating sim vs simcade -
-
I totally agree. It is a sublime F1 racing simulator now. It is everything I want and expect as an offline single player, in a F1 race game. Very polished now. I would prefer the option to have a complete movable external view of the pit lane during sessions to watch the comings and goings and it would be perfect for me then.:thumbsup:

Totally agree. It's a cheat in all reality. You can see better and further than those who choose cockpit. They are obviously not skilled enough to use the cockpit view.:thumbsup:
Most are very skilled, even the top guys use the T-cam, I just hate it though, it is a cheat, I am going to run a online championship with a friend I am hoping there is a "force cockpit view" option

Most are very skilled, even the top guys use the T-cam, I just hate it though, it is a cheat, I am going to run a online championship with a friend I am hoping there is a "force cockpit view" option
There isn't... not that I've ever seen.

I'm not particularly brilliant, but I do try to use as realistic setting as possible. Cockpit, no assists.
So seeing the vastly more skilled drivers than me using T-Cam pisses me off.... though I did see one of the McLaren Pro drivers using cockpit cam, so there are people willing to do it properly instead of cheating.

There isn't... not that I've ever seen.

I'm not particularly brilliant, but I do try to use as realistic setting as possible. Cockpit, no assists.
So seeing the vastly more skilled drivers than me using T-Cam pisses me off.... though I did see one of the McLaren Pro drivers using cockpit cam, so there are people willing to do it properly instead of cheating.

I want games to be as realistic as possible, especially when they are advertised as realistic etc. I refuse to watch any "sim racer" playing any game in anything other than cockpit, I think the only popular youtuber using cockpit view in F1 is Jimmy Broadbent.
I also think alot of them are lying about racing on max difficulty as I only race on 100% and the times the AI are setting against me are alot faster than alot of the youtubers

I'm pretty sure sales tanked due to the halo so there's not much reason to rush to get updates out.
From some site: "sales are 42% lower than last year's entry" (UK sales I think)

It's because F1 is dull, who in their right mind would ever want to do a 60 lap race where for example you were like Alonso, even in real life he wanted out and he was getting paid!!
Or in a Merc getting pole and doing 60 laps in the lead..... boring...

This is why the MX 5 Cup is so popular on iRacing and the stuff they use on SRS are tin tops and lower end race cars.....
In online racing people would not stand for people using 'leader board cars' which is totally what the Merc and Ferrari to a lesser extent are in F1.......
I imagine every online race with F1 2018 is Silver Mercs with the odd Ferrari...

Well....I purchased F1 2018 and once I spent half a day trying to figure where things are to just get my TS XW and shifters mapped etc. even my TH8A in H-Pattern for the Historic F1 cars, got my Triple Screen set up and running....I would have to say this is actually very good in the FFB area, a reasonable amount of adjustments can be made to the FFB and I was able to get it to my liking... also adjusting the seating position in the 'Camera Controls' area is also very good (would have liked being able to map this to my wheel Hat switch / D-pad)..
Of course audio and graphics are fantastic although I have slightly choppy frame rate, but put this down to my old tired system....so will have to play around with the Graphics settings to see if i can improve it.....all in all, for a few hours of Game Play I am very happy with F1 2018 so far.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%