RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qual: 2nd Finish: 2nd

Mitja stamped his authority on this meeting within seconds of joining the server............
I got slightly less wheelspin off the line and got the jump on Mitja,and was looking ready for T1 in the lead,but before we arrived at T1 Mitja had recovered hauling me back again and with the inside line for T1,what i didnt know at the time was Mitja had company with him!!,and Egg i think?,it went in too hot and me and Mitja slotted in place seamlessly and away racing with Mitja restored to the lead,i was very encouraged early in the lap that i could keep right with him,he was just settling his car in though,as we went over the line to start lap 2 Mitja pulled the pin and started pulling big chunks of gap every sector,i was crazy how he pulled the same gap on me,as i did on my chaser in 3rd,happy with 2nd and very few minor mistakes.
Start 7th race 2.....and omg...!!.... i havent done a start like that in literally years!!,very much like a GPL rookie still trying to tame Lotus starts,i slewed from the right side over the left!!,i think Mitja maybe got a scare there?,sorry anyone unfortunate enough to be near me there,hopefully years before i do that again......
I cant remember names and places,but safe to say i had some fun battling with almost everyone? :) ,and boy did most of you make it hard to pass!!,just as it should be ofcourse ;),enjoyed my claw up to 2nd,i think 2nd was the best placing on offer tonight with Mitja doing that kind of pace and performance.
Grats Mitja for a flawless double,and to all our podiums,and as i always say now,well done all who take it to the finish!!
Cheers to RD for our facilities and to all our gent racers tonight.

[Any incidents people are unhappy about,after they study the replay first ofcourse,please do not hesitate to report it through the proper channels for review]

Race 2, I had a lightening start, got bumped by my ol friend Neil again :p but luckily no harm no foul ... :D
I think you got the wrong Audi as i hardly touched you.

Enjoyed both races and was happy to get a 6th and a 5th. First race i had a good battle with David in another Audi and it was obvious we had the cars setup totaly different as i was able to get the better drive out of the last corner and was a bit quicker on the straights where as he could get the power down quicker in some other places so it made for an interesting race.
First time i have used the Audi and it is a nice car to drive, i was hoping it would start to pick up some places as the tyres started to wear but it was all i could do to stay with the DB9's even with my rear wing at 7 i could not keep up on the straights :disapointed: but the Audi i think had the best drive out of the last corner so you got a head start on most other cars on the straight.
So thnx all for a good race.:dance2:

Qualifying: 6th. A very good start.

Race 1: Went extremely well. Ran 3rd for most of the race, until a mistake caused me a Stop-Go penalty (The cutting rules at the 2nd chicane are insane.) I didn't have autopit on, so the pit menu didn't seem to want to co-operate with me on getting the penalty done. I went back to the garage to avoid any more fuss.

Race 2: Started pretty good. Managed to overtake William for 5th at Parabolica, but as Yves re-entered the track at Lesmo, William accidentally rammed me off-track. My damage was unrepairable, so I got no points for the event. William, don't worry: I accept your apology and everything's cool between us. :good:

I'm disappointed at the way things turned out, but I'm not angry at anything or anyone. Thank you Yves for organising the event, and everyone who competed for helping me beat boredom at home! Hopefully, I'll see some of you guys at an Oceania event sometime soon! :thumb:

After yesterday's GT Pro event this went much better for me!
Qualification was close, managed to take 4th, and that was a great slot for me on the grid!
Race1: Started well, passed William, then Gaynall hit me in first corner, but no problem as I was able to keep it! After that I had a great fight at front, and came out 1st when Yves gone into pits! I was in P1 for many laps, but Marty came behind me and we had a fight until the end! I think it was lap 9/10 when he passed me, then I tried to fight back, but without success, and finished 2nd 0,269 seconds behind Marty!
Race2: Of course started from 7th, but had a great start, and by the end of lap 1 I was 3rd. After I fought with Matt and Yves, then got P1 in lap3, and managed to hold it! For a few laps I've seen Marty again in my mirrors, followed by Yves, but this time I was able to pull enough far from them, that they didn't catch my slipstream, and I was able to hold the difference! But then they disappeared from the mirrors, and I didn't see anybody else! The only thing I had to do after was to bring it home, and I did it!

My first win on RaceDepartment, on second race and overall too! Thanks for this great event!:)

First of all I made a careless maneuver 2nd race which ended up ruining Rhys race and I am really sorry for it. Bad judgement on my part. I can't apoligise enough.

Qualy, 3rd - pretty happy with it as I hardly ever drive the chevy.

Race one - 3rd off start quickly went to 4th and then at lap three moved into 2nd. I think i braked a tad early not wanting to bump Peter and the result was a bump by Matt which put me to the wall and gave me severe engine damage and a wheel at 10:00. I went a few more laps even though it said damage not repairable and then the engine blew for good.

Congrats to the winner Peter, and to Marty for race one great drive.

• Matt Alpeter

Fantastic 2 races I must say!!

Quali: I hit my first ever pole with my personal best - 1:59:982 Yves and William were very close and I was praying for the time to go faster

Race 1: Off to a good start and fell in line 2nd after T1. Followed Yves very closely for a few turns, fell maybe .5 behind, then messed up at the last chicane and let Peter by. Made the same mistake the next lap and let William by. Will, Peter and I made a neat little triangle going down the front stretch. Then, coming into the the corner before the backstretch, Will closed the door real hard and I wasn't ready for it...ended up tapping him sending him off. I drove at about 70mph the whole way down the stretch waiting for him, but I got impatient I guess and resumed racing in 5th place. Spent a bit catching up to Tim and passed him and then the fun started.

In fourth, I was about 9 seconds behind the front pack so I put on the heat. I caught up to Rhys, but while doing so, cut the track at that stupid last chicane and got a black flag. Then while battling with him, I got another black flag :(. I pitted for the first flag with Rhys pitting behind me and, you guessed it, got a speeding penalty. I had to pit the last two laps as well and ended up in 7th.

Race 2: Started 3rd this race and had a great start, flying past Ian with Yves' rocket BMW right on my bumper. Fell in line 2nd again for T1 and had a clean corner. Gaynall made a mistake in that dumb last chicane and Yves and I went side by side there with Peter right behind me. Had some very close racing in the top 3 for a few laps..Yves made a braking error in that last chicane which let me by, but it was short lived as I made a mistake in T1 and let Marty and Yves both by. Dropped to 5th behind William, who shortly went offroading. Flew by a sideways Yves and Marty who was waiting for him and finished off 2nd.

Hit 3rd overall for my first podium!

Thanks again guys and great racing!

William, it's okay. :) That's racing, and I don't blame you for your reaction.

W00T!! I've made some screenshots! Two for every race: one for the race start, and another for a race-defining moment for me.

1: The Race 1 start -

RDUSA 1a.JPG

2: Running in the top 3 at an RD event for the very first time :clap: -

RDUSA 1b.JPG

3: The Race 2 start -

RDUSA 2a.JPG

4: Overtaking William for 5th place at Parabolica... Man, that was intense -

RDUSA 2b.JPG

So there you go. Enjoy! :laugh2:

Qualify-P5

Race 1
Terrible start after 1st chicane back around 10th. Worked my way up to 3rd after a few laps behind Rhys and Peter. Took a while to pass Rhys as we had a good battle for 2nd. Then got in Peters Mirrors for several laps very close racing until he had a small bobble thru the second chicane and I squeaked by on the inside of the next turn. We then had a great fight till the end and I held on for 1ST with about a boot width between us at the line. Very clean fair and tight fight with Peter.

Race 2
Another poor start found me at the back of the pack. I was working hard to move back toward the front and on the back stretch was close in tow behind Tim and Ian. We were maybe 2 car lengths long with 3 cars as we started braking for the chicane. I saw Tim or Ian get a little wobble and as I saw in the replay we all touched at one point. Tim got the Short end of that on the inside and spun out. I saw Ian stop and wait on Tim. I continued on in pursuit of the 3 leaders in 4th. Had another good fight with Matt and Yves with some trading of positions behind Peter who was holding a small gap in front. I ended up in second Trying to close on Peter with Yves on my Tail. Made a small mistake opening the door for Yves. He passed me clean and then I came back on his inside touched the inside of his bumper sending him sideways. Sorry Yves that was my fault. Waited on the back stretch until Yves came by. Matt went by both of us. I ended up 3rd behind Matt and Peter. Great result Peter well deserved win and overall win. Great fun Marty :dance2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%