New DTM demo available

Peter

who cares
There is a new DTM demo available, with Oschersleben and a full grid of DTM drivers.
http://www.dtm-experience.com/
New DTM demo.jpg

It just feels weird on this new demo. I cannot describe it, but something feels detached to me. The first demo was much better.

Also, why would they not enable you to change the steering angle in the demo when in the car setup screen? I know there is a steering angle in the game settings, but this should really be in the setup instead. Have they been taken over by Codemasters? :p

The menu system is also very confusing. Linear menu's are common for a reason - they work.

Definitely not getting it if it is at the standard of this demo.

After trying the new demo I initially was not impressed with the AI because I 3 seconds fast than them. I later found out they are adaptive and will adjust to your speed after making 5 to 10 laps. From what I can tell you have to exit out of the test session after making your laps and enter a new one for the AI to adjust. After doing this the AI is now extremely competetive. I came out of the pits 1.5 seconds behind a car and it took me 5 laps to get close enough to draft by on a straight. As for frame rates turning the Cube Map setting to the lowest setting I went from 50fps to 100fps. With the free upgrade in 2014 I may make the purchase.

After trying the new demo I initially was not impressed with the AI because I 3 seconds fast than them. I later found out they are adaptive and will adjust to your speed after making 5 to 10 laps. From what I can tell you have to exit out of the test session after making your laps and enter a new one for the AI to adjust. After doing this the AI is now extremely competetive. I came out of the pits 1.5 seconds behind a car and it took me 5 laps to get close enough to draft by on a straight. As for frame rates turning the Cube Map setting to the lowest setting I went from 50fps to 100fps. With the free upgrade in 2014 I may make the purchase.

What are the AI like at blocking, overtaking, mistakes? I'm interested in this title but not if the AI are useless and just follow a set path around the track meaning all I need to do is be faster, I want proper battles like in RF2 for example.
Thanks

What are the AI like at blocking, overtaking, mistakes? I'm interested in this title but not if the AI are useless and just follow a set path around the track meaning all I need to do is be faster, I want proper battles like in RF2 for example.
Thanks

It's hard to tell right now since it's a test session. Everybody starts from the pits so the AI is spread out. I can confirm when you try to outbrake an AI car they will drive into the corner extra hard in an attempt to defend their position. I have also seen the AI make mistakes so they don't appear to be on rails.

It's hard to tell right now since it's a test session. Everybody starts from the pits so the AI is spread out. I can confirm when you try to outbrake an AI car they will drive into the corner extra hard in an attempt to defend their position. I have also seen the AI make mistakes so they don't appear to be on rails.

cool thanks for that, I may check the demo out then and have a look myself...just finding time is a problem! ta mate

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back