GT5 New details on GT5 (From RD front page)

If you havn't already seen it on the front page of RaceDepartment then there have been some new details released about GT5's features. One of the biggest surprises if true is the inclusion of the Indycar's and all the Indycar circuits. I'm happy to still see 16 player multiplayer talked about. Things can change but I hope not as while Forza 3 is fun the multiplayer is let down a little by only supporting 8 players. I'm what some might call a more mature gamer and I've never taken a day off in my life to play a newly released game but GT5 is looking pretty damn awesome :)

- The IRL will join the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the World Rally Championship as third high-profile series license in GT5.

- GT 5 will include over 1000 cars, all of which will be having a fully modelled cockpit-view

- Both night racing and weather effects will make their debut in a GT-series title

- All cars will have deformation damage, race cars will be having detachable parts and interior damage visible in cockpit view too

- GT5 will run in 1080p HD resolution at 60fps, maxing out the Playstation 3’s abilities according to Polyphony Digital

- The game will include both classical petrol-powered cars as well as green approaches including hybrids and fully-electrical cars like the Tesla Roadster

- The game’s online mode is planned to support up to 16 players

- No word on the planned US/Europe release has been given

I don't know about you guys but I am excited.
This surely has to be the greatest racer on any console.

I just hope they give me a bonnet view. (my favourite)
The roof view in prologue doesn't really do it for me.

Coupled with the awesome showing in the GT TT demo this game, with the details just released, looks like an instabuy for me. Crazy excited, but I also know the game will be delayed again at least another month. The same happened with GT4 too lol. Can't deny the quality of this game though, nothing on PS3 looks this good by a long shot.

i think the release will be amazing, 5 years of development should not comes out mediocre ;-) absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this one, hopefully there'll be a collector's special ed coming out soon enough after the initial release... crossing fingers...

I was looking at the release date and it is backed to November 1, 2010.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75118

I don't think we should take any notice of retailer dates. The latest news is disapointing, but does this mean a worlwide release date instead of a JP release first? It makes sense when talking about financial reports etc.

If it does mean a worldwide release date then this 'delay' hopefully won't affect the EU release at all.

Let's hope so anyway!

Chris

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%