New Content for July-Sept 2011

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Here's the new (ie not used in Historic Club events thus far) content we'll be trying out in Q3 of this year.

GT Legends Additional Content

Vehicles
Mercury Cougar
1968 Mini 1275S
Lotus Elite S1 & S2
Mini Broadspeed GTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrari 250GTO Road Racing Series
Ferrari 250GTO part1 & part2

Bathurst 67
Longford 67
Sachsenring 67
Charade 70
Le Mans 70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rFactor Additional Content

Vehicles

Spirit of 76
Legends Cars

Please just remember - this is not the complete list of what we will be using. This is just the content we haven't used before.

Also, after the RDHGP season finishes, I'll be running a Road Racing series using a single vehicle (the Ferrari 250GTO) on some long, road tracks

I've tested the Ferrari out on a few tracks - I couldn't induce any real nasties from it.

It's pretty well balanced, got loads of gearings, a good strong engine but with a nice fat power band, not too peaky, the rear doesn't try to overtake the front when you step on the brakes or break loose when you stamp on the power.

All - as we are now pushing our published schedule out between 2-3 weeks in advance, is that enough warning for you with regard specifically to tracks?

Mods - yes, they're generally bigger and more complicated, so we'll always publish them quarterly, but I'm not sure it's warranted for tracks any more.

If Bob & I decide to run any Club Series (like the upcoming Road Racing series in the 250GTO) we can use threads like this to give you time to prepare with both mod & tracks being mentioned, but for Club races is the track download notifications still wanted/warranted/desired?

Tracks are released on a much higher frequency than mods, so I'd rather be able to react more quickly to use a new track than wait until the new quarter to put it in the list.

Let me know.

A couple of days notice for tracks and a week for cars is plenty for me.

Just to give people a heads up; the Ferrari GTO mod is rather hefty, so leave at least 2 days before the event to download it, as you can't get both parts in a 24 hour period. Really looking forward to the road racing series by the way, seems like a cracking idea with quality circuits.

As I say, I'll stick with notifying the mods quarterly (they can often be quite big, and tie up peoples download limits), but we'll revert back to the track notifications on the events, especially now that we are running > 2weeks advance notice

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back