F1 2019 New Codemasters Video Looks at Leagues in F1 2019

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Leagues.jpg

Codemasters today pushed live an interesting video looking at the league functionality within the upcoming F1 2019.

Having built the hype impressively on the run up to release this June 28th, Codemasters have now decided to take a closer look at what type of online and league functionality will be available in the latest release to their F1 videogame franchise.

Let's see what Codemasters had to say in their latest livestream earlier today:

F1 2019 will release June 28th on PC and console.

For the latest and greatest regarding F1 2019, why not take a tour of the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss the title with your fellow sim racing fans, and even pick up a mod or two!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow on Social Media!

Interesting concept, I particularly like the medals for completing a race. Not that every kid deserves a medal, but this will go a long way of weeding out the quitters and the ones where they have equal amount of wins or podiums to the number of completions from leagues. I hope they have stats for mechanical failures or accidents for reasons of DNF as well so it doesn't get misconstrued.

I was going to post the question on YouTube but the comments section there has deteriorated into a yuck fest.

Did I miss the part about car selection, and is there a BOP or similar so who ever gets stuck with a Williams isn't doomed?

Also will the historic cars be available to have their own league?

Edit: One more question
When the eventual F1 2020 and beyond are released will each release be independent of the other when it comes to leagues?

Last edited:
Interesting concept, I particularly like the medals for completing a race. Not that every kid deserves a medal, but this will go a long way of weeding out the quitters and the ones where they have equal amount of wins or podiums to the number of completions from leagues. I hope they have stats for mechanical failures or accidents for reasons of DNF as well so it doesn't get misconstrued.

I was going to post the question on YouTube but the comments section there has deteriorated into a yuck fest.

Did I miss the part about car selection, and is there a BOP or similar so who ever gets stuck with a Williams isn't doomed?

Also will the historic cars be available to have their own league?

Edit: One more question
When the eventual F1 2020 and beyond are released will each release be independent of the other when it comes to leagues?
At about 15:20 a quick explanation for leagues and available choices, basically for Public Leagues only that special Multiplayer Car (which I like to call BASE) is available, and for Private Leagues you can have also Official 2019 cars.
Performance will still be equal though (probably not exactly 1:1 equal performance for all cars if you'll be driving with 2019 cars because, well, different car shapes).

Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be able to create Leagues neither with Classic Cars, nor with Formula 2 cars.

Reactions: DND
Will buy in a Steam sale,hardly played f1 2018.
Similar... although I won't be buying. The last few titles I bought just sit there on my hard drive doing nothing. I have zero inclination to load them up.
Its such a shame too. They look amazing and have some pretty decent features when it comes to career mode and testing the car etc.
But it's just the feel of the title through the wheel. You get the feeling they haven't tried AC, rF2 or RRE.
If they did, and could nail the handling then this would probably be up there with most played for me.
But it is no where even close to feeling half decent.
It seems they're slowly releasing slightly better games every year though. So maybe I'll take a look at F1 2030 when it comes out. :whistling:

Still don't understand all the negativity around the F1 series. It's not perfect, but it's a very good recreation of F1. And yes, it's more a game than a real sim, but since when is it wrong to make games? If I want to run a sim, I just load ACC, AC or R3E. I've enjoyed the F1 series since 2016 because it's a lot of fun. There are a few choices in the game that I disagree with, but they are minor flaws. Really looking forward to the release of this edition, especially with the addition of F2.

Still don't understand all the negativity around the F1 series. It's not perfect, but it's a very good recreation of F1. And yes, it's more a game than a real sim, but since when is it wrong to make games? If I want to run a sim, I just load ACC, AC or R3E. I've enjoyed the F1 series since 2016 because it's a lot of fun. There are a few choices in the game that I disagree with, but they are minor flaws. Really looking forward to the release of this edition, especially with the addition of F2.

Amen to that

I'm not being negative about it. Just disappointed with a missed opportunity is all.
Could be great but instead, for me at least, it's a bit of a damp squib... sorry :redface:

I have absolutely zero experience with this F1 series.
But comming from Raceroom and rF2 then how does the cars feel?
Yeah I know this is called a kind of racing game to the contrary of a sim but is the cars behaviour (somewhat) believable?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 328 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%