New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager

Misc New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager 0.51

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sliderman submitted a new resource:

New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager - New categories for Content Manager

This is a feature that has been provided by Content Manager for AC and only works if you have it installed.
(https://acstuff.ru/app/)

It enable and shows with icons new categories as series, mods, tags in Content Manager.
It´s a first starting point the community can collaborate developing it further. :)
Please look into the *.json files how to define new fields and logos. You can post me these on the support page.

View attachment 324648
Location to extract is here:...

Read more about this resource...

2019-09-15 (2).png
Great to see this! I've been working on building out a filtering system myself as well. I could divide them up better now with the additional features you've shown.

2019-09-15 (3).png

I have even included engine types in my tags on the cars. I could probably include an "f1" tag on the F1 cars to make them all viewable from the tags as well as categories.

2019-09-15 (4).png

I have only done tags for tracks so far. Since so many track authors don't put their names, I haven't bothered with categories for them yet. They could be based off the tags instead of the authors. I've also added a "Fictive" country flag for fantasy tracks based in no particular location.

Last edited:
Fine I could help improving your filtering. :)
Could you share the fictive country flag?
And the definition too. :)

Nice idea to put it in types, but I wanted series for both, cars and tracks. So I can select easier suitable tracks and cars. :)

Last edited:
A short howto make, for example your own car series definition:
Open c:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Car Categories\Series.json with an editor
Code:
  {
    "name": "1: F1 - before 1993",
    "description": "Formula 1 - before 1993",
    "filter": "tag:`\\b(Formula 1|F1)\\b` & year<1993",
    "icon": "FIA_F1_before_1993.png"
  },
This filters F1 cars tagged with "Formula 1" or "F1" and older then 1993 and voilà ... :)
Be aware that json syntax is a bit tricky, so best use an editor that supports json.

You can look in CM under "ABOUT" - "Everything about filtering" - "More about expressions" how to use these expressions. Or just take a look to the existing definitions in the different json files. :)

Own definitions could be shared here with icon (best 512x512px) so that project can grown and people can select later on their own settings. :)

Notepad++ is nice.
I would recommend "Visual Studio Code" (Free. Built on open source. Runs everywhere.) or "Sublime Text 3", as I bought it for work a couple of years ago. :)
But that´s only a personal taste. ;)

really loving this been waiting for someone to hop on this only recommendation i would give is to put it into Data(User) to not muddy up the default files other than that 5 stars

really loving this been waiting for someone to hop on this only recommendation i would give is to put it into Data(User) to not muddy up the default files other than that 5 stars
Oh, many thanks for your great advice. For sure it would be better to put it into Data(User). Of course, sorry I only wasn´t aware of it. I searched where these default definitions and logos come from and the only place was this Data folder. So I began to modify it there. Do you or somebody else have still the original folders and could share it to restore the default state?

Hi Sliderman,
would be cool to add this:
logo for Track Categories:
gunnar333.png

Mods.json:
Code:
 {
    "name": "Gunnar333",
    "description": "Tracks made by Gunnar333",
    "filter": "author:gunnar333",
    "icon": "gunnar333.png"
  }

Sliderman updated New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager with a new update entry:

New Categories for Cars and Tracks and their series, mods, tags, types and even some new flags ...

Some new categories for Car and Tracks and some new flags ...
I was asked for some new stuff and some other things I just made it for myself, but maybe you find it useful, too. :D

Some new flags are just fun stuff for fictive countries. Let me surprise you! ;)

Don´t forget, most things have to be first named and/or tagged correctly, before this categories and their definitions work.

All stuff now moved to the folder Data (User) where it should be. Thanks @Twiggy5471...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sliderman updated New car, track categories and flags for Content Manager with a new update entry:

New update with attached file

New Categories for Cars and Tracks and their series, mods, tags, types and even some new flags ...

Add bookmark
A moment ago

Some new categories for Car and Tracks and some new flags ...
I was asked for some new stuff and some other things I just made it for myself, but maybe you find it useful, too. :D

Some new flags are just fun stuff for fictive countries. Let me surprise you! ;)

Don´t forget, most things have to be first named and/or tagged correctly, before...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Sliderman I've dropped a png icon in and edited the json and got it to show up now but how do I add more than one Author name to the json file?

This is what I added but I want to also have AC Planet Reworks as an author as well.

{
"name": "AC Planet Reworks",
"description": "Cars from AC Planet Reworks",
"filter": "author:ACPR",
"icon": "AC_Planet_Reworks.png"
},

Good day!

I'm sorry to bother you. I wanted to ask for your advice, if possible.

I have a desire to add SUVs and crossovers to a separate category of cars. Unfortunately, I could not find out where to put the necessary icon file. I am currently using the "classic" icon. Can it be changed to a more suitable one? If so, how?

107415524_312465326594426_1913681805126689394_o.jpg

I asked people on the forum and I was recommended to you. Thank you in advance for any advice!

with respect, Sapsan444

Good day!

I'm sorry to bother you. I wanted to ask for your advice, if possible.

I have a desire to add SUVs and crossovers to a separate category of cars. Unfortunately, I could not find out where to put the necessary icon file. I am currently using the "classic" icon. Can it be changed to a more suitable one? If so, how?

Hi @Sapsan444,

no problem at all. :)

Would this be Ok for you? If not send me an image of a SUV you think it would match better. :)
1594645937617.png

To match the other Type Icons, I would recommend a black and white clipart icon. But you can imo even put there jpg´s or png´s.
I convert them to an svg and put the code to the types.json
Rename types.zip.txt to types.zip and extract it and you get the icon above.

I can also recommend using the awesome icons from @Fanapryde so they match with CM list and you have less work to do. ;)
Just seen your different Pessio icon ...

Attachments

• Types.zip.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 146
Hi!
This is a great tool. Thank you.

I was having a problem with the Type "Vintage", it wasn't showing the type to select in my list. What i discovered is that the name "Vintage" was making it to hide itself. So, I've changed the name to "Vintage " (with a space after the word), and now it shows the type correctly.

BEFORE THE CHANGE:
At the end of the File: Types.json
{
"name": "Vintage",
"filter": "tag:#vintage| tag:vintage | tag:historic | year<1991",
"icon": "Vintage2.png"
},

RESULT:
1597504178857.png

AFTER THE CHANGE:
At the end of the File: Types.json
{