F1 2018 New Car Models Come to F1 2018 as Part of Build 1.06 on PC

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 by Codemasters has been updated to version 1.06 - and with it adds the latest updated car models of the current Formula One season...

Releasing what is a pretty impressive sized update earlier today, Codemasters have deployed one of the more sizable and impressive releases to the very solid Formula One 2018 videogame on PC, bringing the latest version of the title up to build number 1.06 and including some very noteworthy changes to the title.

Of the most noticeable will be several seasonal updates to the car design of a number of teams, with Ferrari, McLaren, Force India, Renault and Haas having all received attention in the 3D model department, plus various livery updates to bring the game content right up to date with the current season.

Other changes include a welcome rebalancing of the car performances to better match the current formbook in Formula One, plus many other miscellaneous changes and improvements to the game.

Build 1.06 Update Notes:
  • 2018 Car model and Livery Updates
  • Various livery and sponsor logo updates to teams
  • Updated McLaren nosecone
  • Updated Ferrari mirror mountings
  • Updated Force India sidepod turning vane geometry and steering wheel materials
  • Updated Renault front wing and rear wing endplates
  • Updated Haas sidepod turning vanes, mirror mountings and halo geometry
  • 2018 Vehicle Performance Updates
  • Players can now change AI difficulty between sessions
  • Updated DRS Detection zones for the 2018 Singapore GP
  • Updated Hungary and Singapore Track Map Videos
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to have DRS use on incorrect parts of the track after using instant replay
  • Made some adjustments to the AI R&D Progression in Career
  • Achievements – “Every artist was first an amateur” should now unlock correctly
  • Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded an incorrect 10 place grid drop penalty instead of 5, for changing a gearbox in career
  • Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded a 5 place grid drop penalty instead of 10, for fitting an extra MGU-K, Control Electronics or Energy Store component for the 1st time.
  • Xbox One – Fixed Xbox Voice chat not working
  • PC – Global leaderboards are now showing in the Steam client
  • Multiplayer – Fixed an issue in multiplayer where the host was able to select re-start session after receiving terminal damage
  • Multiplayer – Fixed a deadstate issue for players starting OSQ when the host and secondary host are dedicated spectators
  • Multiplayer – Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other after joining in progress a OSQ session and then loading into a race
  • Improved stability and various other fixes
F1 2018 is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2018 1.06 Update 1.jpg

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Pleased with the new update? Have you noticed any missing updated bodywork from the current grid of cars? What would you like to see Codemasters focus on next with F1 2018? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

To anyone getting slowdown / pauses / stutter / fps drops try switching from TAA antialiasing to TAA Checkerboard antialiasing . Unless you playlooking through a microscope or watch a giant monitor youre not going to notice a massive difference , especially when driving at speed in the game . Without turning down any other setting from Ultra I got rid of slowdown on the in garage tv monitor , tv replays and most importantly in game play . I'm using a GTX 980 , which although it used to be a top card a few years ago most of you guys will have better .

Any comparison screenshots? We could post to codemasters forum and all that. Also is it possible to rollback an update?
Yes, here are some screenshots. This is before patch 1.06
20180824165756_1.jpg

You can see the crisp looking TAG on top of halo and the mobil 1 on the sides. The redbull on the nose is clean..... Now look at it after 1.06
20180912084046_1.jpg

Jagged and blurred. It looks awful. Other cars have the same drop in quality.

Because originally, there's no "Team 2" under the Toro Rosso branding in F1.

Similar to HAAS that got translated to "哈斯" (HA-SE), Toro Rosso should be translated to something like "多肉 - 肉瘦" which is even funnier if you are native Chinese. Anyways, to those who can't read, "多肉 - 肉瘦" translates to "more meat - skinny meat", but it's pronounced as "TOU RO RO SO" which can also be good if the sound is all you are after.

Devs surely knew using "Redbull Team 2" or "红牛二队" is more appropriate.
I don't want to be misunderstood;). "红牛二队" is the right translation in Chinese as you mentioned, while in the game it's called "红牛一队红牛二队". The Chinese think the translation is funny only because codemasters put the names of the two teams together for one team. My explanation before indicates that "红牛一队" should be simply deleted as it does not refer to RedBull the brand name but "Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Formula One Team";)
Btw, since Toro Rosso does have its meaning of "Red Bull" in Italian, usually into Chinese it's not translated similar to Haas or many other names that are translated by its pronunciation (although Arsenal Football Club is an exception:rolleyes:)

Yes, here are some screenshots. This is before patch 1.06
View attachment 269249
You can see the crisp looking TAG on top of halo and the mobil 1 on the sides. The redbull on the nose is clean..... Now look at it after 1.06View attachment 269250
Jagged and blurred. It looks awful. Other cars have the same drop in quality.
The two images look totally different resolutions and graphics options, have you checked that?

The two images look totally different resolutions and graphics options, have you checked that?
For a split second there I was hoping that was the answer and something basic I'd overlooked. Unfortunately not, everything is still maxed out, I have however install the camera mod so the t-cam position is more accurate, this might explain the slight difference in the car positioning but the textures were lesser quality before this. I've only just put cam mod on this morning.

Not sure if it's the same problem. I have a 1080ti and had some really annoying stutters. I found that the GPU was running hot , overclocking & underclocking quickly to keep it under 84 degrees, causing the stutters. Once I set a fan profile using Precision XOC I solved the stutters.
In the Video-Settings, try to use Fullscreen(Windowed), instead of Fullscreen. Helped for me.

Major stutters need to be fixed...they are breaking the game! Every lap I am getting 1 second pauses where the game STOPS and then starts again..most times mid corner. resulting in a spin or hitting the wall. Lots of people are complaining about the same thing on various forums...

Im running a Ryzen 1600 / GTX 1080 TI Aorus Extreme edition / 16Gb Ram / Asus PG279Q 27: Gsync screen..
In the Video-Settings, try to use Fullscreen(Windowed), instead of Fullscreen. Helped for me.

Ok, I seem to have fixed it but not sure how. In the teams texture folder I deleted all the files that were dated 11/09/2018 the day I installed the patch. Verified the files within steam and it replaced them again dated 12/09/2018 so I know they were new. I still have camera mod installed but the textures are back to Hi-res
20180912095223_1.jpg

I was obviously something I'd done and sorry for wasting anyone's time. Back to some racing now.

Ok, I seem to have fixed it but not sure how. In the teams texture folder I deleted all the files that were dated 11/09/2018 the day I installed the patch. Verified the files within steam and it replaced them again dated 12/09/2018 so I know they were new. I still have camera mod installed but the textures are back to Hi-resView attachment 269251
I was obviously something I'd done and sorry for wasting anyone's time. Back to some racing now.

...Max fanboys:roflmao:

To anyone getting slowdown / pauses / stutter / fps drops try switching from TAA antialiasing to TAA Checkerboard antialiasing . Unless you playlooking through a microscope or watch a giant monitor youre not going to notice a massive difference , especially when driving at speed in the game . Without turning down any other setting from Ultra I got rid of slowdown on the in garage tv monitor , tv replays and most importantly in game play . I'm using a GTX 980 , which although it used to be a top card a few years ago most of you guys will have better .

Give this man a medal! Thank you mate, finally get rid off of that annoyng fps drop! Totally smooth rock solid 60 fps@4K ..thank you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%