New car mod in RACE 07?

Hi there fellow RACE-drivers,

Last night I was in discussion with a fellow member of the community, and he was asking if it would be a good thing to add a new car class to RACE07.
I remember that there was a thread on RSC which also announced a new car class, but where the community reacted a bit cynical. They didn't want the game to get shattered around with mod and so whatever, or at least only tracks.

If there will be too much mods, the game will get scattered around with servers which can't be entered, because of the installed mods. This might scare newcomers, which can't enter the online servers (think about GTR2 or rFactor.)

So my question to you guys is: What do you think about new car mods for RACE? And if possible, give an explenation of your choice :)

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
The mod you are talking about is just a few extra WTCC cars. Not like over 50 like GTR2. If we get permission we wont realese it in RD if you done want us to but you cant stop it from happening on other forums.

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
No one wants to stop it, dont get it wrong, but here we do not support unofficial hacks to a game.

I understand that Attila but not all of the members here have been unsupporting. One person (Anonoyms) has already asked us for a car. Thats fine if you dont want them here. Im sorry if im causing a big arguement :auto:

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
As posted in the rules:

4.1 RaceDepartment is a forum where a lot of mods may be posted. Therefore the staff will not allow posts, links to files,... which contain original files.

As said here before. As long as it are legal conversions, bring them on. If not, then dont :)

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
It depends if the original creator gave his permission to the first convertor

Jarrod Crossley

Rubbin Racer!
Yes having new cars would be good a drifferant driving expience is always a good thing. But I would have to add that the mod was fully sanctioned by all involved and was made to stand out so people know which servers are running that mod. So they don't join and all of a sudden get booted for miss match of information. Also that it was kept upto date with every live update of the original game.

I do not care for new cars in race07, I have rF for mods

rFactor is the place for different mods (cars and tracks) I for one am not really interested in other mods for RACE 07. For instance the F1 mods, converted from rF really are not that great anyway, and the same goes for some of the tracks also. rfactor is where its at, RACE 07 should just be left as a WTCC game in my view.

Put it this way, I just love rF and RACE the way they are. But rF will always get my vote any day of the week, that game rules :):):)

Warren Dawes

Premium
I would have no big issues if these are only for off-line use.

For on-line. I can foresee some problems with mis-matches, ensuring all servers and clients have exact same mods, potential performance advantages of cars, etc. So I would not like to see these mods used for on-line racing.

:spammer::circuitzolder:rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor
rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor rFactor

i think you get my jist now :spammer::circuitzolder::circuitzolder::jumping::jumping::D

To me Race07 is the WTCC game... with a few supporting classes. Would be a bit silly if cars like F1 or GT's would make their way into Race 07 as there are allready games that handle these pretty good.
If it would be a BTCC mod or something that is more in line with Race 07. SO I voted for the 2nd option. :bike:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000