PC2 New Car Images from Project CARS 2 Round Up

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 McLaren P1 GTR.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released another batch of images from the upcoming Project CARS 2 release, showcasing a track, some road cars and a pretty little GT3 machine.

The much anticipated sequel of the hugely successful Project CARS game from Slightly Mad Studios is fast approaching it's proposed September release date, with almost daily details revealed from the studio showcasing some of the incredible features and content proposed for the new game. With a successful campaign on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC behind the British developers, and additional funding secured for the next game, SMS appear to be going all out with Project CARS 2 in an effort to produce one of the most rounded racing experiences on console and PC in recent years.

We know the new title is due to feature a raft of multiplayer and broadcasting functionality, we've seen the dynamic "live track 3.0" technology in action, the graphics look like they are due to remain a class leader and we know with over 170 cars and 60 odd tracks the vanilla release will be cram packed with stuff to do. The main questions that remain unanswered revolve around what cars and tracks the game will feature...

Unfortunately the latest bunch of images released don't show anything new I'm afraid, although they do show us some more images of the stunning Jaguar F-Type, Acura NSX, Ford F150, McLaren P1 GTR, Mercedes AMG GTR and Long Beach so at least we have something pretty to drool over whilst we wait for the game to ship. If you are interested in to keep track of the cars revealed or leaked so far, check out this thread that we will try to keep updated with information as it is revealed.

So for now let's have a look at some very pretty pictures indeed...

Project CARS 2 Long Beach.jpg
Project CARS 2 Acura NSX Road .jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC late 2017.

Project CARS 2 Jaguar F Type.jpg
Project CARS 2 Mercedes AMG GTR.jpg
Project CARS 2 Ford 150.jpg

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment. For Project CARS 2 specific information have a look at our Project CARS 2 sub forum.

Do you like the new images revealed by SMS? Which car that we know about already are you most excited to see in game? Do you think PCARS 2 will be a "serious" sim when it's released? What is your preferred platform (Xbox One, PS4, PC)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Try to skip the hype train with every game release in recent years. It is already quite crazy with R3E, AC, Dirt rally, AMS, Rfactor2, iRacing and soon Dirt4 then Pcars2. Some of us are good with the waiting game so i'll play along and wait till after the buzz and see if pcars2 is worth it then (but that is just me). First game was broken by endless b. Guess the sequel must be better :O_o:
The only hype train i wouldn't want to miss is GTR3 :D

I want to be excited. It's a shame that the previous game, as well as the state of sims overall lately, has me still very much in disbelief that it'll hold up to what I'm imagining, though.

Regardless of if it ends up a good game, that's a hella gorgeous rendition of Long Beach to ogle for now, at least!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%