New Build Available Now For rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have today deployed a small update for their rFactor 2 racing simulation.

The new build arrives today hot on the heels of Studio 397's new UI previews and release date announcement, but don't get too excited - we've still got a few weeks left to wait for the much anticipated new User Interface for the simulation..!

This build, version 1.1116 is mostly a minor hotfix release, addressing some of the smaller issues within the core game code as well as bringing a few useful changes to how cut track detection is implemented within the simulation.

Useful for those hosting online races with the software, the new build has introduced the ability for the server host to configure the parameters around cut detection within the race event - namely empowering the race organiser with the ability to choose how many times a driver is allowed to perform a cut track before the game will offer up a penalty - a very useful update in the ever competitive world of online virtual motorsport!

You can check out the full build notes for the new update below.

rFactor 2 Update 2.jpg

rFactor 2 V1.1116 Update Notes

Steam Build IDs
client: 4356193
dedi: 4356207

• Added "Track Cuts Allowed": You can now configure the number of track cuts before a penalty is given out, in single-player and multi-player. This entry can be found in your 'player.JSON' file.
  • Fixed number of track cuts resetting after a driver swap.
  • Fixed an issue where some marshals would not wave flags. This was an issue particular to the Nordschleife and the exceptionally large number of marshals.
  • Added additional logging to help debug driver-swap issues.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively for PC.

Want to learn how to get the most from your rFactor 2 install? Looking for a new mod or the latest info? Ask a question in our rFactor 2 sub forum, and share the love with your fellow community members!

Sim Racing is Awesome!

I appreciate all the hard work, yet still I want more from the Studio. We ran the Safety car if F1. Is there a line we can edit to set the speed of the safety car? It was doing pitlane speed on the track, 80 kmph, then went to pits a lap early causing confusion and penalties. There was a message on screen saying one more lap, but most expected a green flag once the safety car went in to the pits.
And yes, better graphics would be nice, especially in vr.
Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this safety car issue.

RFactor 2 is good, only with a serious restriction, the Nürburgring Nordschleife, all tracks work wonderfully, but as soon as I load the Nordschleife collapses my system, nothing works anymore, why only? Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

RFactor 2 is good, only with a serious restriction, the Nürburgring Nordschleife, all tracks work wonderfully, but as soon as I load the Nordschleife collapses my system, nothing works anymore, why only? Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
Without knowing your full PC specs its hard to know.

@Racedepartement is there any problem with my vid because it seems was magically removed, as if Gandalf would have presented in the forum...

May be we cant expose different point of views here? Only one thruth? It is the new philosophy? hehe.

RF2 is my favourite sim in physics but the team has some problems with the time machine, and thats an evidence:

Of course the waiting is deserved and it seems we are gonna see the UI and Pultiplayer System next month! Promising, may be i will be back to RF2 very soon!

I have the correct Steam ID (4356193), I have the correct Rfactor build (1116), but I don't have a "Track Cuts Allowed" in my 'player.JSON' file. I've checked file integrity, but no luck.
Is it me or did something went wrong along the way?

EDIT: Problem solved.

Last edited:
Nice picture in the headline, which reminds me that besides all the fuss about the new UI, etc - they still haven't solved the much much simpler "no cockpit textures" for the Eve F2. Other than that, the sim is evolving, but as I said eons ago, until they drop the current MP model of things (downloadable packages), they wont take off. It needs to go back to the old method of "do you have the track and the car? welcome".
So far, still one of my preferred sims for older cars/tracks.

Nice picture in the headline, which reminds me that besides all the fuss about the new UI, etc - they still haven't solved the much much simpler "no cockpit textures" for the Eve F2. Other than that, the sim is evolving, but as I said eons ago, until they drop the current MP model of things (downloadable packages), they wont take off. It needs to go back to the old method of "do you have the track and the car? welcome".
So far, still one of my preferred sims for older cars/tracks.
I agree those Eve F2 Cockpit textures needs addressing ASAP......

But FCY is offline solo play. THAT is NOT their focus right now

Now, or ever, it feels. I don't care how much physics processing power I'm giving up playing F1 2018 instead of rF2. But nothing compares to completing a race in F1 where my tire management and ERS deployment has put me on the gearbox of the leaders at the finish. One of the best races I had was when I tracked down 9th place at the finish, didn't pass him, but still enjoyed it. My last online race was in AMS, a top guy spun and was working his way through the pack he tried to sneak inside me and hit me in the door. He spun out, but filed a protest and got me penalized. I guess that's pretty realistic for F1!! But not fun when I can only race around one or two nights a week.

It's disappointing that they still haven't fixed the physics issue causing stutters/crashing for many people. I was hoping that's what this was going to be. I don't even care about the UI anymore as the sim is simply unplayable with this bug.

• Added "Track Cuts Allowed": You can now configure the number of track cuts before a penalty is given out, in single-player and multi-player. This entry can be found in your 'player.JSON' file.

You have to be kidding. Great to add a feature that AMS has had for a long time, but you have to fiddle with an external text file to use it instead of a simple UI selection that you can easily change when you need to? The UI is already a dog's breakfast of illogic, so what's the harm in adding one more item to a screen somewhere?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.7%