New Build Available Now For rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have today deployed a small update for their rFactor 2 racing simulation.

The new build arrives today hot on the heels of Studio 397's new UI previews and release date announcement, but don't get too excited - we've still got a few weeks left to wait for the much anticipated new User Interface for the simulation..!

This build, version 1.1116 is mostly a minor hotfix release, addressing some of the smaller issues within the core game code as well as bringing a few useful changes to how cut track detection is implemented within the simulation.

Useful for those hosting online races with the software, the new build has introduced the ability for the server host to configure the parameters around cut detection within the race event - namely empowering the race organiser with the ability to choose how many times a driver is allowed to perform a cut track before the game will offer up a penalty - a very useful update in the ever competitive world of online virtual motorsport!

You can check out the full build notes for the new update below.

rFactor 2 Update 2.jpg

rFactor 2 V1.1116 Update Notes

Steam Build IDs
client: 4356193
dedi: 4356207

• Added "Track Cuts Allowed": You can now configure the number of track cuts before a penalty is given out, in single-player and multi-player. This entry can be found in your 'player.JSON' file.
  • Fixed number of track cuts resetting after a driver swap.
  • Fixed an issue where some marshals would not wave flags. This was an issue particular to the Nordschleife and the exceptionally large number of marshals.
  • Added additional logging to help debug driver-swap issues.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively for PC.

Want to learn how to get the most from your rFactor 2 install? Looking for a new mod or the latest info? Ask a question in our rFactor 2 sub forum, and share the love with your fellow community members!

Sim Racing is Awesome!

[QUOTE = "Ruy Horta, Beitrag: 3068615, Mitglied: 181620"]
Wahrscheinlich ein korrupter Download.
Lösche das Item und lade es automatisch herunter, wenn du Steam das nächste Mal startest.

Ich habe ähnliche Erfahrungen mit Autos und Strecken gemacht (allerdings nicht oft).
[/ZITAT]Ich habe rFactor2 bereits 4x neu installiert I have already reinstalled rFactor 2 4x

RFactor 2 is good, only with a serious restriction, the Nürburgring Nordschleife, all tracks work wonderfully, but as soon as I load the Nordschleife collapses my system, nothing works anymore, why only? Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
Try turning all mirrors off if you havent already. This worked for me. Sucks but it worked. LMK if this works for you.

Last edited:
This is going to come off as trash talk, though I really don't mean it in that spirit; just a statement of (my) opinion. I was considering firing up rF2 this weekend, maybe even checking out the Reiza pack to see if that was the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Having read through this thread, I have decided I have much better things to do with my time. Why would I spend all this time screwing around with settings, config files, separating good content from bad, etc when I have probably 4 or 5 other sims on my PC that I can more-or-less click & play?

rF2 would have to be just so much better than all of those other sims to justify this kind of headache. I'm still holding out hope this sim will eventually reach a level of polish that will entice me in as a regular player, but in the meantime I am going to enjoy playing other sims.

Ya Rf2 has the worst UI of any sim period in its current state. The whole point of the UI is to make it easy to get info on cars and tracks and setup race events. Its just awful in its current state and puts a lot of people off playing, which is terrible loss as the car physics is prob the best of any sim. If they can fix this a lot more ppl would be regular rf2 users and that's good for everyone.

Why must everything be on the hated Steam Platform? I still have my GTR2 disk from 2006. I hate steam and will never buy anything on it,
WHY can't we have the added option of a Disk version? added OFFLINE!!! and Moddable. this PAy Per Car bullshit is a joke. Its the Modding community that kept both rFactor and GTR2 alive for 22 years, now its Steam and pay per car and the modding community kept out completely other than skinning? Stop buying anything on Steam your killing all modding!

@racingmad
I more or less fully agree with your disgust against Steam - but mainly because Steam invade my puter and I only can control where files are destributed if I ask Steam if I may move or delete something on my own HD.:poop:
But if I want to enjoy my prefered racing game then I have to accept this piece of malware.:sneaky:

@Marc
Seriously: What is the relation between tin foil hats and the simple wanting to have some control about where the files are destributed on ones own puter.
Try to google steam integrity check and see what happens when something goes wrong with this malware - and where people dont have a clue of how to solve the problem if the integrity check dont solve/find the problem.
Because both people with or without tin foil hats dont have a chance to diagnose problems - if Steam cannot solve the problems it have caused itself.:cool:

• Deleted member 197115

@Marc
Seriously: What is the relation between tin foil hats and the simple wanting to have some control about where the files are destributed on ones own puter.
Try to google steam integrity check and see what happens when something goes wrong with this malware - and where people dont have a clue of how to solve the problem if the integrity check dont solve/find the problem.
Because both people with or without tin foil hats dont have a chance to diagnose problems - if Steam cannot solve the problems it have caused itself.:cool:
Puter, what is that, made up word?
You want to control where stuff is installed? There is an option in Steam settings
1579753223720.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years