New Boards of Canada Album!

I received my physical album copy today, and along with information that the fan community have discovered, I've come to a realization that blew my mind.

Boards of Canada have a reputation for subliminal messages and mazes of secrets in their music and artwork. On the physical CD for "Tomorrow's Harvest" there's the usual copyright notices and such printed on the rim. But it was discovered that there's something strange inamongst the jumble of legal notices...

BL8OcdpCUAE27uO.png:large

."I Overflow man". Seems like a senseless three words doesn't it?

But some fans worked out that it's actually an anagram of "Owl Of Minerva". AKA the Owl of Athena, representing knowledge, which is used often as a philosophical metaphor for only understanding things in hindsight - which majorly fits the album's theme of the end of humanity. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel said "The owl of minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk". Again with the post-apocalyptic themes.

Some other fans discovered another website that was registered by BOC, with the web address of www.newcleardawn.com. On that site there is a picture of an owl, among other images.

I came to the following realisation with the help of my brother: New Clear Dawn = Nuclear Dawn.

Tomorrow%27s_Harvest_CD_cover.png

The album's cover depicts a nuclear dawn.

And with that, my head exploded.

ohh noes... a digi pack :thumbsdown:

thanks for the info! i might pick it up some day; for now there are music albums which are more important :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%