• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured New Batch of Dakar 18 Preview Screens Revealed

Discussion in 'Dakar 18' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,004

Dakar 18 Preview .jpg Dakar 18 Preview 2.jpg Dakar 18 Preview 3.jpg Dakar 18 Preview 5.jpg Dakar 18 Preview 6.jpg Dakar 18 Preview 7.jpg
    With release scheduled for September 11th, Bigmoon Entertainment have just deployed a new batch of preview screens for the upcoming title...

Over the past few months we've experienced a steam stream of image reveals from the upcoming Dakar 18 videogame from Bigmoon Interactive, reaching a head earlier this month with the announcement that the title will be made available to purchase on September 11th (the day before ACC), and now the young development studio over in Portugal have pushed live another set of images from the game - showcasing some admittedly rather impressive graphics from a range of scenery set to be featured in this epic sized open world map.

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Dakar 18 Preview 8.jpg Dakar 18 Preview 9.jpg Dakar 18 Preview 10.jpg

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Looking forward to Dakar 18? Can the game live up to the expectations of a public looking for an authentic Dakar experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 5
  2. MapoUK

MapoUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    I watched a couple of developer videos this morning and it looks like it *could be* not too bad a game. Stages lasting several hours and realistic pace notes. I'll probably wait for the reviews and feedback after release before considering a purchase, but it's something very different for a change.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Mr Latte

Mr Latte
    Premium

Ratings:
    +602
    It just appears to me as free-roaming title but actually less pretty than Horizon 4
    Then building a game around that, heck maybe I am wrong....

From what we have seen of this so far it's hard to know if it has much meat on the bone in terms of gameplay and game modes in that after the initial graphics wear off it becomes boring?

As a title will this be baking hot or more like quicksand?

4. cupra_abf

cupra_abf

Ratings:
    +4
    I had my doubts regarding this game, but always had a glimpse of hope. By now I'm starting to be pretty sure this game will be fun, at least for me.

It looks good and captures the landscape of the 2018 Dakar pretty well. Having seen the navigation system in first gameplay videos I'm simply amazed - I never thought a (console!) game will ever tackle the roadbook navigation of endurance rallye racing, and implement it so realistically.

At that point, physics kinda become less important for me - as long as they are enjoyable and not broken, it'll be fine. It doesn't have to be a "driving" simulator, it'll be tons of fun as a navigation simulator already. And they seem to have that part spot on.

And even the driving seems alright. I've read comments from the press event that sound promising. It drives "more like Dirt Rally than Dirt 4" was one of them. Another one was that it drives better with a wheel than a gamepad. Most complaints were about the bikes. Oh well, there's plenty of classes to have fun with.

And the idea of a free driving mode with 4 special places to discover per country sounds like a fun mode on the side.

I'm sold, even if just to support the series. They have a 3 year contract and I'm curious to see how it'll develop. I'm happy that someone finally decided to tackle the topic Dakar and instead of a flashy polished game, they actually take the risk of developing something new and unusual, something that captures the spirit of Dakar and endurance rally racing more than anything we've seen so far.

I don't think it'll be perfect, but I do think I want to support such an ambitious project.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +18
    I’ve been waiting for a proper Sim Dakar since Dakar started (yes, I’m not young.) This looks set to be the greatest Dakar representation ever. Backed by the Dakar organisation and unbelievably made only by an indie team, the winning formula that has driven (pun) the results is the overwhelming extreme passion for the sport and the players will be of the same caliber. Stated upfront by the main producer, this is not a game for the foot flat players, but a training tool for pre-Dakar entrants and off season trainers. Close to real road book/pacenotes and use of compass is a must.
    My sim rig is primed and warmed up! I’m counting down the days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +331
    I watched the VVV on YT and it looks and sounds really good, very much niche so will get a load of criticism from people buying it expecting 5 minute rally style stages!! It sounds like the emphasis is on navigation so is intriguing me. It'll be a nice break from GT3 cars ;)

edit oh I really HOPE mid race saves are a thing though!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JorritVD

JorritVD

Ratings:
    +196

8. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +331
    good vid but the person driving didn't suss that "cap *number*" was a heading? Quite frustrating to watch unless the vid was demonstrating something else! Still overall looking likely I'm getting this for sure now. Not much I havn't done in (wheeled) Motorsport world, TTIOM, Le Mans, Nords, Indy and now soon Dakar!

9. MapoUK

MapoUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    That co-driver was driving me nuts in the video, hope there's a choice of 'less agressive' co-drivers :confused:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. RomFil

RomFil

Ratings:
    +10
    no terrain deformation (

11. JorritVD

JorritVD

Ratings:
    +196
    YES, there is for sure. Check out this video at 2:40, the Kamaz struggling in the mud

12. RomFil

RomFil

Ratings:
    +10
    this is no sand dunes, real car buried in the sand
    gaming video shows that the sand dunes is hard coating as it was in the old game

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  13. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +57
    Sand dunes at 1:41

14. hupske

hupske

Ratings:
    +2
    Second video of Pixel, with new footages.

And also some other footages of a Peugeot. Video starts at 1:00

• Like Like x 2
  15. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +57

16. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +264
    Defo worth a 2 hour demo on steam

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.