New Automobilista Touring Car Classics Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 6.jpg

Check out these new preview images from the upcoming Touring Car Classics DLC coming soon to Automobilista...

Previewed quite a while ago now as part of a 'development roadmap' post, Reiza Studios have now released a batch of new preview images from the next DLC offering for their Automobilista racing simulation for PC, showing off images of three historic pieces of touring car content in the form of the Fusca, Gol, Passat and Uno, all cars that took part in the heart of Brazilian motorsport back in the 1980's and early 1990's.

The preview images released so far suggest a release to the public build of the game might not be too far away, however at this stage no exact dates have been confirmed.

Check out the preview images for yourself below:

AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 1.jpg
AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 2.jpg
AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 8.jpg

AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 3.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 4.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 5.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 7.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 9.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 10.jpg

Automobilista is a racing simulation available exclusively to PC and developed by Reiza Studios.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content addons, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Looking forward to the new DLC release? Enjoy classic content in AMS? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I love these types of cars (GT Legends probably my favorite offline sim ever for it's cars, FFB, career mode system).

I do wish though that Reiza did more work on the core physics engine. I'm always anticipating physics engine updates in each update and am almost always left disappointed. It makes sense though because that takes a lot of work and, if I had to guess, Reiza are pouring most of their resources into their new sim (which is hopefully more than just a graphical update with all other underpinnings being the same) but, still, I can't help but wish for more.

Having said that, I still play AMS, and pretty much only AMS, for the past year or so (due to mostly my familiarity with driving it's physics engine, setting everything, etc.) however it still gives my friends (not "hardcore" simracers) frustrations due to RF/ISI engine behavioral characteristics (especially near/at/over the limit) which, I must admit, Reiza have "massaged" well compared to non-Reiza-based ISI/RF-engine content.

I see you always complaining about physics. Give it a rest already. :rolleyes:
But can you drive ? Are you able to extract the max from the cars ?

As far as I'm concerned the cars feel great, the driving on the limit is engaging, immersive and
makes sense for the most part. There are hardly any wtf quirks and the sim is praised by pro drivers.
It's the best on pc so far, along with other top sims' work, and the devs seem to have the
highest aspirations when it comes to physics fidelity.

I don't think you need to worry about them not aspiring to the highest possible standards. :)

Last edited:
I see you always complaining about physics.
But can you drive ?Are you able to extract the max from the cars ? As far as I'm concerned the cars feel great, the driving on the limit is engaging , immersive and makes sense. There are hardly any wtf quirks and the sim is praised by pro drivers
That's a straw-man argument, trying to deflect things towards driving talent.

And I'm no alien but I'd say I'm not too shabby. Some people have called me Alien online before but I could be slow compared to others, who knows. I can do top 5 GTL and RF1 rank laptimes in every car I've ever driven in GT Legends and RF1 but this isn't about me...

Again, more strawman argument: I never said driving on the limit is not engaging nor immersive (the immersion does break though at times due to vehicle dynamics/kinematics anomalies stemming back almost 20 years of the ISI engine to at least F1 2002).

Your use of strawman arguments is evidence of you not comprehending the subject.

I agree. Every sim-engine has it's areas where driving is off from reality, and I understand and respect that :) - nothing is perfect - but the difference here is that these characteristics have been in the ISI engine for at least 15 years - since at least F1 2002 - if not 20 years (Sports Car GT).

By the way, I have been complaining about mass/inertia issues as well as engine-torque issues (they all relate to oversteer) for many years now. A year or two ago, Reiza made an update to inertia/mass stuff, and they also made an update for engine-torque stuff: what a coincidence (sarcasm) - both of which slightly addressed what I've been saying for years ;)

Last edited:
Cars look very well done tho not really my cup of tea, curious to see if the sound fix (crackling audio) thats being worked on will come in this update as well?

Not in this one. Should hit beta in about 10days at most. Speakng of, it is done and finished feature, but needs some testing, internal before it hits beta. Together with it there are some more refinements coming in regarding audio.

I agree. Every sim-engine has it's areas where driving is off from reality, and I understand and respect that :) - nothing is perfect - but the difference here is that these characteristics have been in the ISI engine for at least 15 years - since at least F1 2002 - if not 20 years (Sports Car GT).

By the way, I have been complaining about mass/inertia issues as well as engine-torque issues (they all relate to oversteer) for many years now. A year or two ago, Reiza made an update to inertia/mass stuff, and they also made an update for engine-torque stuff: what a coincidence (sarcasm) - both of which slightly addressed what I've been saying for years ;)

All that you described in your post, as well as others in the past, it's a trait of the engine, but it isn't at the same time. I managed to cure most of that with carefully picked numbers and relations in my mods, so it can definitely be made better. The problem is the "school of numbers" that historically have been used with ISI engines, by modders and devs.

I did noticed also that Niels's work in this engine has been converging towards my own conclusions, at least based on general vehicle behaviour.

All that you described in your post, as well as others in the past, it's a trait of the engine, but it isn't at the same time. I managed to cure most of that with carefully picked numbers and relations in my mods, so it can definitely be made better. The problem is the "school of numbers" that historically have been used with ISI engines, by modders and devs.

I did noticed also that Niels's work in this engine has been converging towards my own conclusions, at least based on general vehicle behaviour.

I just made this same point in the V8 curbs thread.

Great news, awesome choice and looking really beautiful so far, can't wait!
Maybe some of the...Bianco Fúria's, Brasília D3's, Chevette's, Fiat147, DKW's or those lovely Puma's GT/GTB for the RWD fun will also make it in! :geek:]

This should be of interest then, from the Sept Dev Blog:

"There are some other interesting models that some are sure to miss not being included - unfortunately we we had initially set out to do only 3 Hot Cars models and ended up going further with 4 models and a bunch of variations covering 4 different series, so we´d already stretched our schedule for it as much as we could. It´s not out of the question though that some new "old" models will be added further down the line."

guys....if you get over to the Reiza beta forum you can get your name in as one of the ai drivers !! i've got the Beetle Hot Car #23. Renato is ending it soon so move quick !!

'Couple more hours for those who want to post their names to be included as a driver in-game - please make sure to post full name, car & number (make sure the car hasn´t yet been picked, else we´ll just allocate you one).'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back